HELP I NEED SOME SUPPORT

wanda boyd
on 10/2/04 4:18 pm - CARROLLTON, GA
AS YALL KNOW WED IS MY SURGERY I AM SO SCARED WHAT DO I DO ? MY NERVES ARE ALL MESSED UP SOMEBODY TELL ME SOMETHING PLEASE THANKS WANDA
6cats2dogs
on 10/2/04 4:43 pm - Jefferson, GA
Wanda, I am sorry you are so scared. It is normal. Call me and we can talk. I will be up for a while. It doesn't matter what time it is. I am here for you. Hugs, Debra
PATRICE R.
on 10/2/04 4:53 pm - Sharon, MA
AWWWWWW.... I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU... I WAS NERVOUS AS WELL BEFORE MY SURGERY. I AM ALMOST 2 YEARS POST OP. I WENT FROM 255 LBS TO MY CURRENT WEIGHT, 115 LBS... NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. ITS SO NORMAL TO BE AFRAID, BUT WHEN I GOT TO THE HOSPITAL, MY FEAR WENT AWAY. PRAYERFULLY IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR YOU.. HUGGZ...
Linda M.
on 10/2/04 5:03 pm - Gainesville, GA
Wanda, don't stress yourself out before your surgery. That is going to do you no good at all. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared the day before mine, but then I decided to look at it from a different view and realized this surgery was a new beginning. A second chance at life!! Don't dwell on the what if's, they'll drive you insane, instead think of the great things you'll be doing in the upcoming year, things you never thought you would be able to do again like sit with your legs crossed, eat a small hamburger and be full, bend over and tie your shoe without looking like you just ran a marathon. Yes, it's scary, but the benefits outway the negative points 2:1. Good Luck!! You'll do just fine. Just think happy thoughts!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you on Wed. And one last thing, you're not alone in this, many of us will be there in spirit. God Bless, Linda
Bob I.
on 10/2/04 10:13 pm - Columbus, GA
Just a quick note to tell you to focus in on the long term goals of WLS... Thats what I am dooing. 6 days out I am feeling 100% stronger each day. Someone asked me if I was ready for surgery? I told them I had been practicing for it.... (they looked dumbfounded) I said all I had to do for surgery was lay down (and I am good at that) Keep your spirits high on your goals and draw back and shoot for them....It will be worth it ALL!
modeanryan
on 10/3/04 7:38 am - Duluth, GA
Bob you crack me up...If I'd have know that, I could have said I was a surgery EXPERT!!! Have a good day! Hope to see you at Joe's on the 9th.. -Tami
Baby G.
on 10/3/04 12:23 am - GA
Sending prayers your way!!
kisaacso
on 10/3/04 1:08 am - Stockbridge, GA
SUPPORT HERE WANDA!!!! WANDA! MY SURGERY IS 2 WEEKS OUT! WOW! HANG IN THERE YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO A NEW YOU! I WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH YA! TAKE A RELAXING and try to get plenty of and we will be right there with you all the way! You will be in our prayers and thoughts on your great day! REMEMBER YOUR GUARDIAN are watching over you every day. Keep in touch and email me anytime! Will always be here to talk to you! Hey! Just think, soon you will be on the other side.
nonamedamet
on 10/3/04 2:10 am - GA
Wanda, you fought hard for this and as your "new" birthday approaches pamper yourself. For me the first few days were rough but no where near as bad as I feared, everyday I felt better and before weeks end I felt really good. Try and cut yourself some slack by trying to get plenty of sleep/rest, some "me" time and then enjoy whatever makes you the happiest. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Theresa
freespirit
on 10/3/04 3:37 am - Hawkinsville, GA
Wanda, my surgery is only 10 days away (a week after yours) and I understand the nervousness. For me, I have to dwell on the good...how my life is going to change and how I'm going to live longer and see my grandkids one day. My prayers will be going up for you and I hope you'll do the same for me. We are in this thing together, girlfriend. We will be celebrating together this time next year!!! Robin
Most Active