Concerned about bc/bs

bjgorham
on 10/2/04 11:05 am - Euharlee, GA
Has anyone heard that BC/BS will stop paying for WLS in January 2005? I have bc/bs bluechoice hmo.
Patricia Tate
on 10/2/04 11:36 am - Athens, GA
Hi Tammie, Yes, I had seen a post regarding that very thing here on the board a couple weeks ago, so I asked about it at the support group meeting I attended right after that. I was concerned because I, too, have blue cross/blue shield. Several people there confirmed it was true. Some said that if it was approved BEFORE then, that the surgery could still take place AFTER January 1st. I have not called the insurance company, personally, to ask. However, next week, I plan to start bugging them to see if I am approved (my paperwork was submitted yesterday) and I will ask them, then. I will post about whatever I learn from them. I just pray that I get approved, and very soon, because even if they reject me, the appeal could be drawn out to cross over that deadline. And, if I don't get an approval before then, I might as well hang it up, as I have no other option(s). Best of luck to you, though! Pat
c E.
on 10/2/04 11:32 pm - conyers, GA
Hi Tammie, I do not know about that, however, they just approved me w/o any complications. Get your paperwork in asap. Have you picked out a dr? Charlene
amyclay
on 10/4/04 7:18 am - villa rica, GA
Hi Tammie,I am in the same boat you are,I have called bcbs several times and talked to many different people the 1 st time I called I was tolded they was stopping all coverage after Jan.1st 2005,my husband then called back and they told him that wasnt so that the lady I talked to should not have told me that,and that there was nothing stating that in 2005 they was stopping coverage,so with 1 saying one thing and one saying another I called back again and talked to someone different she to told me the same thing that the lady told my husband,she said they could not deny it if it was a medical nessicity,just as with any other surgery,but I am trying to get my submitted soon just in case,Good Luck hun and if you hear something let me know what they tell you ........hugggsss Amy!!!
Most Active