Help! :sniff:

snikpoh1
on 9/29/04 4:52 am - lithonia, GA
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good insurance company. I currently don't have health insurance and have recently been turned down by Kaiser and Humana because i'm too much of a risk for them to insure me. So if anyone out there has any suggestions or kind words I would really appreciate hearing from you. I'm almost at the point of tears.
OHAngel2006
on 9/29/04 5:31 am - GA
BCBS or cigna healthcare you can try.
6cats2dogs
on 9/29/04 7:53 am - Jefferson, GA
Connie, if you can't find any insurance to take you, you could try what one lady did. Below is the post she sent a while back. Maybe it will help. *********************** hello everyone! i joined this message board to try and get the word out about a program that payed for my gastric bypass surgery. i live and work in florida and i have tried for several years through 3 different insurance companies to get the surgery without any positive results. i found out about a program called vocational rehabilitation services - i am told that there are offices in every state. thier goal is to correct peoples disabilities so that they can obtain or retain employment. in florida the progam is not based on your income at all - i work a full time job and have av-med insurance but because they turned down my request for surgery i was eligible to seek surgery through voc. rehab. so that i could lose weight and remain employed.if my insurance would have agreed to pay - then i would have payed a total of $600.00 for my deductables - as it was i did not pay one penny out of pocket and my only agreement to them was that i would continue working so as not to draw any type of government disability caused by my weight problems. ********************* It can't hurt to try. Hugs and Love, Debra
Lorri R.
on 9/29/04 12:41 pm - Tallapoosa, GA
Georgia is one of the few states that has a high risk insurance law. Essentially what it means is that, if you have no other options (like you're not eligible for COBRA) insurers are forced to take you on. The only thing is I don't know what they charge for it, you'll probably be rated. But it's worth a look. Here's a link for looking into the protection and rights to insurance you have in Georgia. healthinsuranceinfo.net/ga00.html (don't forget the www. in front of it!) Lorri
Most Active