STRESS TEST! *Yikes*

freespirit
on 9/28/04 10:03 pm - Hawkinsville, GA
Well gang, my surgery is 2 weeks from today. I cannot believe it. I have to have a stress test today and I'm a bit nervous about it. I'm afraid I'll get some cruel technician who will like to see the fat girl sweat on the treadmill. Anyway, y'all say a prayer and I'll see you all on the 9th! Robin
maureenk
on 9/28/04 10:04 pm - Jefferson, GA
Praying that the stress test is "painless" for you. Good luck !
Debbie C.
on 9/28/04 11:10 pm - Carrollton, GA
Robin good luck today!!!!!! I remember my last stress test well......very sweaty. Good thing is they don't last too long. Debbie
nonamedamet
on 9/29/04 12:37 am - GA
Let us know how it goes. My sister is a tech that does the stress test, maybe you will get her. She is the best, Tonya L. knows her as well. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/04 12:59 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Angelette! I hope they take it easy on you today! Please post when you get a chance. Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/04 4:45 am - Warner Robins, GA
Robin, Did you use Dr Culclaure(sp?)? He is a great guy and so are the Techs. Jamie & Angel....they are Theresa's sister & BIL. You'll be in good hands! Tonya
James_L.
on 9/29/04 6:36 am - Warner Robins, GA
Ahhh, the stress test, a nice little stroll to get your heart rate up. Who am I kidding, it's sweat popping experience(at least it was for me). Luckily though, they don't last too long. Hope everything goes well. Take care, James
freespirit
on 9/29/04 8:11 am - Hawkinsville, GA
Well they didn't kill me but they damn sure tired! This test took all day long. First they injected me with dye and I had to wait an hour and then they took x-rays. Finally I was able to go to lunch (I had not eaten or drank anything since dinner the night before) and rest for about an hour. I returned to the hospital at 12:30 and they hooked me up for the EKG and started an IV. Finally came the short little stroll. I was fine when it was slower but once it sped up I was a goner. When I told them I couldn't last any longer, they injected me with more dye and I had to walk one more minute. I'll tell ya, I thought I was gonna . Finally they gave me some water and had me wait another hour and then they took the last set of x-rays. I FINALLY left the hospital at 2:45 -- in time to pick up my little boy from school. When we got home I took a long I feel better now but wow...it was rough. Thank GOODNESS it is over and it's my last step before my October 5 pre-op! Thanks for the support you guys give me! You are great! Robin
LittleLifsey
on 9/29/04 10:53 am - Jacksonville, FL
Robin, When I had mine done as I was laying on the table feeling like I was dying I asked the tech what were some of the ugly names people had called her. I had a couple floating in my head... So I am so there with ya chick. It is over YEA and lets hope we never have to do it again. lynn
Most Active