New here

carolgodfrey
on 9/28/04 4:28 am - Dallas, GA
Hi guys , I am new here and have been reading all of your posts for a few days. I am pre surgery. I thought I had all of my doctors appointments over with, but the surgeons office called yesterday to let me know I need to do a sleep apnea test. So.....after that I guess we wait for the insurance company to come through. Nice to meet you and I hope to be a loser soon!!! Carol G.
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/04 4:37 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Carol! Glad you "meet" you! There's plenty of room on the looser's bench so hurry on over Tonya
nonamedamet
on 9/28/04 5:09 am - GA
Welcome Carol. I am so glad you posted and wish you all the best on the sleep apnea test as well as your journey to a happy healthier life. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
carolgodfrey
on 9/28/04 5:11 am - Dallas, GA
Thank you. It is so nice to have a place to go when I need help or answers, or just a place to vent!! Thanks!!
cathy M.
on 9/28/04 5:57 am - hiram, GA
Carol, Welcome to the board, there are a really great bunch of people here, and loads of support...Good luck on your tests.. Take Care Cathy Martin
Harriett H.
on 9/28/04 6:15 am - Alpharetta, GA
Welcome Carol glad to have you aboard there is a great bunch of people here and will help you anyway they can. Good luck on your jounery. God Bless Harriett
afbrown
on 9/28/04 6:12 am - Duluth, GA
Hey Carol, welcome!! I had my surgery with Dr. Hart too - he's great. don't sweat the apnea test - it's just to make sure. If you have it, they will probably put you on a CPAP machine and you would need to take it to the hospital with you. They need to know for recovery, too. It's no big deal. Okay, the machine isn't the most fun, but. . . My apnea was diagnosed several years ago, and my sleep doc said that once the weight is gone, I'll probably be able to get off the machine. I have a self-adjusting one now, so that they don't have to redo the pressure on it as I'm losing. After I'm at goal, I'll go have another sleep study and see if I can get rid of it. Keep us posted on your progress!! Ann in Duluth
James_L.
on 9/28/04 6:50 am - Warner Robins, GA
Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you'll find most folks here to be very supporting. Good luck on your journey. James
Kay Holder
on 9/28/04 7:26 am - Mableton, GA
Patima
on 9/28/04 7:56 am - GA
Hello Carol. Sounds like you are on the last leg of your testing! Oh, boy...the sleep apnea test. That brings back fond memories....LOL! Hopefully you will finish your test and get your approval soon. Patti
Most Active