Friends ??? UGHHH

GAMARY
on 9/29/04 3:28 am - SMYRNA, GA
LAURA: IT WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER. I MEAN AGE. AS WE GET OLDER YOU REALIZE THAT EACH AND EVERY DAY WE HAVE IS BLESSED UPON US. I WAS THE SAME WAY WHEN I TURNED 30 BUT NOW THAT WAS 23 YEARS AGO. I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM 53 FOR I DON'T FEEL IT OR LOOK IT. I HOPE TO SEE 40 PLUS MORE YEARS AND TELL YOU THE SAME THING THEN. ANYWAY VEGAS IS GREAT AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT. I LOVE VEGAS ALSO. LEARN HOW TO PLAY CRABS AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. SEE YOU ON THE 9TH MARY
lstivers
on 9/28/04 2:11 pm - Bogart, GA
Laura, that really does stink. I would be upset as well. My fortieth is next June and I want to do something big as well. After working so hard to take care of yourself and get your health under control, you deserve this treat. Especially since she had so long to prepare, and you were sooo good to her. I would love to help you celebrate with the folks here on the Georgia Board. I hope your actual birthday is amazing. You deserve it. -Paige
Pat Bell
on 9/29/04 4:31 am - Southeast, GA
Your friend should not have done this to you. I understand the feeling of not being valued because of all the cancellations but try to understand that some people just obligate themselves in too many places. I'm sure their intensions were good but real life takes over and plans change. Once you get over the hurt move on and start getting excited over the fact that you and Amy will have a great trip together. To be honest it always seemed to me when there are three people on a trip there was dissension anyway. Someone always feels left out. It seems trips with 2's or 4's work better. I'm sure you won't get over this anytime soon but the best revenge is to go and have a fabulous time. Make her wish she had made the trip with you as you talk about it later. I wouldn't try to guilt trip her into going. Maybe she really just can't afford it and only she knows if that's true. Is this trip more important than the friendship? Trying to force her into going would probably just drive a wedge between you. Being 20-30-40-50 doesn't matter. It's how much fun you have getting from one age to the next that's important. Don't waste energy worrying about what others will or won't do because you can't control them. You can only control what you do. So get out there an boogy girl!
moniquew34
on 9/29/04 8:01 am - DELETE, WA
Laura, Your friends really jacked you up. But you're tough, so look at the positive. I can just see you on the Vegas strip, and you look fantastic! You and the friend that didn't bail will meet new people and have a great time! You will have a most wonderful trip and enjoy all the more thanks to your new found fitness. Laura, you're going to enjoy shows, festivities and wonderful Vegas nightlife. I only wish I could go too. Even though your girls backed out on you, you will still have a blast, because you're wonderful
Most Active