I need some HELP

Sherry_Berry
on 9/28/04 2:16 am - Dacula, GA
Hi everyone I need some help. I had an "incident" 3 weeks ago where I needed some emergency surgery because I was prescribed medicine that caused an ulcer which perforated... Here is where I need help. I need a new PCP in GWINNETT. If anyone has any suggestions of a FANTASTIC doctor that is well-versed in what I should/should not take as a post-op...please list their name and number. I am going through a rough time right now... Thanks for helping! Sherry
cathy M.
on 9/28/04 3:09 am - hiram, GA
Sherry, I am sorry but I don't know of any doctors in Gwinnett, I just thought that I would reply, so that when you saw the # of views on your post you wouldn't think you were being ignored... If I hear of any good ones, I'll let you know. Take Care, Cathy Martin
Haziefrog
on 9/28/04 3:20 am - AR
Sherry, I am sorry I can't help you with a good PCP as I live in Henry county. But I wanted to tell you that I have to take a lot of meds for my back, but I NEVER take anything without calling my surgeons office first, he will tell me if I can or cannot take it. I have learned to call BEFORE I get the prescription filled, because too many times I have gotten it filled then called and he said not to take it!! Good luck in finding a PCP, but even the good ones can make mistakes!!! Hazel
nonamedamet
on 9/28/04 4:42 am - GA
I don't have a doctor know of a doctor, course someone in your surgeon's office might be able to give you a few names. Just wanted to offer (((((HUGS))))))) and say I hope you are feeling better. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Sherry_Berry
on 9/28/04 8:57 am - Dacula, GA
THanks for your replies...I did get recommendations from my surgeon...but they weren't convenient for me-like they wre either too far or had bad office hours. I called a bunch of offices and intervied them on the phone. I was really impressed with Dr. Crooker's office on Old Norcross in Lawrenceville. I posted another question on my surgeon's board and a fellow member also recommended him-so I think I found my match. Thanks again, Sherry
modeanryan
on 9/28/04 1:08 pm - Duluth, GA
Hi Sherry, I see Dr. Richard Liotta. I LOVE him. He doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, but he TOTALLY covers all the bases when something needs to be checked out. He is VERY thorough and checks EVERYTHING out. He does not like to leave things to chance. He is located of Hwy 20 in Buford...right near the corner of Buford Hwy and Hwy 20. His phone # is 770-932-0547... He was very supportive of my surgery, and helped me every step of the way. Hope this helps!! -Tami
Most Active