GOOD LORD I AM WORRIED

wanda boyd
on 9/27/04 1:09 pm - CARROLLTON, GA
WELL THE MORE I SIT HERE AND READ THE MORE I AM WORRIED MY NUTRITIONIST DIDNT GIVE ME NOTHING TO GO BY ON WHAT TO EAT LORD WHY ISNT ALWAYS ME ? I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING IN CIRCLES WITH THIS HERE I AM ABOUT TO HAVE SURGERY AND I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT NOT TO EAT AND WHAT KIND OF PROTEIN TO GET WHEN I WENT FOR MY NUTRITION CLASS SHE ACTED LIKE SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT SHE WAS DOING SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE THANKS WANDA
6cats2dogs
on 9/27/04 1:42 pm - Jefferson, GA
it might be best to ask your doc since I have seen several ways people do here. I was on liquids for the first few day and then went to cream of chicken soup with the chicken pieces taken out. Then there was sugar free popcicles and broth and decaff tea or coffee. After the 1 week visit post-op I was allowed to start trying soft eggs and 2%cottage cheese. After that when I could handle it there was tuna in the three week and so on. If you want to email me and I will send you the stuff my nutritionist gave me. Maybe it will help some. Hugs, Debra
afbrown
on 9/27/04 2:36 pm - Duluth, GA
Wanda, I got a list of instructions from the hospital on discharge. Of course, my doc & nutritionist had already given me a list and said to follow what THEY said, not what I got from the hospital. Call the doctor's office and make sure they give their post-op diet instructions. It will be one less thing on your mind!! Ann in Duluth
Bettyj
on 9/27/04 3:09 pm - University City, MO
We have the same doctor. I recieved a folder from him when I started the journey. If you got the folder check in there. It has both the diet instructions for after and what he wants for you to do they day before surgery. I did my pre admit today. They only gave instructions for the day before. I hope you got the folder. If not you could ask for it or pick up the schedule from the office when you do the pre admit. a warning, the doctor said I had to be at the hospital at 6 am surgery at 7:30. The hospital told me to be there at 5:30 am. I don't think I'll go to sleep the night before!
Most Active