Kind of a miracle

6cats2dogs
on 9/27/04 11:54 am - Jefferson, GA
I am not sure if this classifies as a miracle in a sense but it does to me. This afternoon I was on here answering a message someone posted when my son and I heard a huge bang and our power went out. My son went out to see if he could tell what it was while I got some shorts on to look. A huge oak tree in our front yard fell and was across our whole street and half of it in the neighbors across the streets yard too. I called 911 to have help come in case someone slid into it. Now, I can't walk far or stand for more than a few minutes. My knees buckle and my back seems to fall aparrt. But I slowly walked dow to the tree and was flagging people long before they got to it to stop. The electric co got here in 10 minutes. I stood there helping for about 45 minutes. I was hurting but I DID IT! Then I almost crawled back up the driveway. But I made it! That is a big feat for someone who uses a wheelchair to get around and go places. I am proud of myself because if I hadn't had the surgery in July and lost 72 pounds, I would never have been able to do it. (Patting myself on the back.) Wonder what else I can do?????? Hugs, Debra
afbrown
on 9/27/04 12:09 pm - Duluth, GA
Debra, That's great!! It's amazing what a "little" thing like that can do for you, isn't it?? I'm glad to hear there wasn't more damage than there was, and glad you are okay. Hang in there!! Ann in Duluth
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/04 12:51 pm - Warner Robins, GA
You go girl! It's all about these daily discoveries. It gives us the drive to keep going! Thanks for sharing. Tonya
modeanryan
on 9/27/04 9:40 pm - Duluth, GA
Honey, there's nothing "kind of" about that!! These are true blue miracles that occur to us after this surgery. It's our job to do as instructed and the Good Lord and the surgeons do the rest. I am SOOOO thrilled for you. Just wait... it will be better and better and better! -Tami
mmarion
on 9/27/04 9:54 pm - columbus, GA
Debra, Thats not a kinda it is....I'm so happy for you. Here's to you!!! Martha
nonamedamet
on 9/27/04 10:35 pm - GA
That is the coming out in you! I am so proud of you. God bless you and yours, Theresa
Becky F
on 9/28/04 9:21 am - Woodstock, GA
Hi, Debra, How awesome are you?!?!?! You diverted disaster! Way to go!!! Becky
Most Active