New to Board. Insurance Question-Kaiser??

Linda R.
on 9/27/04 1:08 am - Stockbridge, GA
I had VBG 20+ years ago. I lost 120 lbs but evened out after 2 years of weight loss with gradual weight gain. My bands let loose about 10 years ago and my weight has ballooned back up to 300+. I am 47 years old and dieting is not working. I don't know if the surgery has caused this or my age is a factor. I am currently a Kaiser member. In my plan book, they claim to cover bariatric surgery. Does anyone have Kaiser and had surgery? I am very interested in having a second procedure done.
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/04 1:32 am - Warner Robins, GA
Linda, Here's a link to the Insurer's in GA. THe link below starts with kaiser. Good luck! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/list-insurers.php?State=GA&alphaPos=K Tonya
kisaacso
on 9/27/04 1:42 am - Stockbridge, GA
HI! I have been approved by Kaiser, my surgery date Oct 14. 1st thing you must do is call your Kaiser Member Board and confirm if your plan covers WLS, not all Kaiser plans cover it. If your plan covers it, next talk with your primary health care physician & request a referral. Must be medical necessary for consideration. You must follow all protocols, i.e. behavioral health appts, nutritionist appts and WLS support group meeting. Hope this helps!
Haziefrog
on 9/27/04 7:19 am - AR
I was told by Kaiser (when I had them) that if you are a Federal employee, then Kaiser covers WLS in GA. My husband was not a Fed employee so I had wait 9 months to change insurance companies to get my WLS covered. Good luck, Hazel
Linda R.
on 9/27/04 9:04 pm - Stockbridge, GA
I have been a federal employee for 27 years so I guess this is a good thing. Thank you for the information.
nonamedamet
on 9/27/04 7:28 am - GA
Welcome to the GA Board and although I cannot answer your question, I wanted to say hello and welcome. Best wishes with your journey. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active