HAIR!!!

lstivers
on 9/26/04 2:15 pm - Bogart, GA
Okay, I know this is so common, but I guess I thought it wouldn't happen to me. I've noticed hair loss the last couple of weeks, but this morning in the shower was the worst - handsfuls at a time. I can't take this!! At first it was the whole wrinkles thing that got me. The best side effect to being heavy is that I never looked my age. So after a few pounds the wrinkles began to show. I changed my skin care program and it is soo much better. BUT. . . what the heck am I gonna do about this hair!!! I know I'm vain. I know I'm supposed to be doing this for my health, but I've always been a reasonably attractive woman. I cannot be loosing massive amounts of hair!! I thought I was gonna throw up in the shower this morning. Anybody got any help for me? I'm desparate! -Paige
cathy M.
on 9/26/04 8:58 pm - hiram, GA
Paige, I think that everbody is different in the amount of hair loss that they have. I myself lost ALOT of hair, in one respect you really couldn't tell because my hair was really thick to begin with. I take that back, I could tell and my family could tell because my hair was everywhere!!!I would love to tell you it gets better, and it really does, BUT, for some people it can get really bad. I took the bull by the horns and finally cut my hair. It was a drastic step that I can now say was the right way to go for me. I will be two years post op on 10/22 ( woo hoo!!) and although my hair has yet to get back to as thick as it once was, it is much better. Hope that I helped. Take Care Cathy Martin
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/04 10:36 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Paige! Good to see you post! FIrst of all, I agree that you are an atractive women! Secondly, this is also a big fear of mine.I worry mostly b/c I don't want to look unhealthy. I've heard that some people take biotin and my hairdresser recommended I start using a shampoo called Nioxin(sp?) I have not yet though. THey sell it in most hair salons. I'm just over 2 mths post-op and I worry that once 3 months rolls around that the hair loss will start. My hair is extremely thick but I still worry as I have seen people with really thick hair left with real thin hair. I already starting preparing though, I got my hair cut into a short stacked bob and have a big bottle of volumizer standing by.LOL I wish you well gal! Tonya
mikkozoe
on 9/27/04 12:27 am - Conyers, GA
WEll i am right there with ya ...mine is coming out in handfuls or was ...I started to take Bioten every day and i got on a Good Vitiam that is made for people that have the surgery and i can tell it is getting better slowly ....and eat your protine that is the only help i can give ya Laura
Jamgirlie
on 9/27/04 12:28 am - Americus, GA
I know how you feel Paige. My surgery date was june first, and I've had a problem for the past 3 weeks on and off losing hair. This past weekend I started to get worried. Mine comes out alot at a time. One of my students asked if i had cut my hair. GRRR!. I try hard to make sure I get all my protein in, but we will see how things go. Jamie
carolgodfrey
on 9/27/04 1:43 am - Dallas, GA
I am in the process of trying to have the surgery and this is one of the things that has really made me think twice. My hair is very thin already and I do not want to be bald!!!!!! However better skinny and bald than fat and bald!! I can always buy a wig. I have heard that the biotin works from others who have had the surgery. I am going to start taking that before my (hopeful) surgery. Success! Carol
Ms.Judy
on 9/27/04 2:21 am - HOSCHTON, GA
Paige, I'm almost 6 months post op and my hair has been coming out for 3 months !! I'm wearing a wig now. Most people wouldn't notice it , but I can tell so I'm more confident with the wig. In my pictures on the message board and on my profile I am not wearing a wig, but as you can see I've got it cut pretty short. I take zink and biotin , multi vit. and get lots of protien and I ordered this shampoo that cost 20 dollars a bottle , so I don't have any advice, except to say good luck . Judy
modeanryan
on 9/27/04 2:49 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Paige, I have been taking Biotin since my surgery, and I suck on those zinc lozenges whenever I remember.. I have not yet bought the Nioxin, but I WILL! I can COMPLETELY relate with your worries over your hair. This worries me, because my hair used to be SOOOOOOO thick...and then with each kid I had, I lost tons of it...now I have a thin spot on the top of my head. I have recently gone back to my natural brown color from blonde, but if that spot on my head gets much bigger, I will go back blonde so that the big white spot is not so predominant. I have a friend that is a hairdresser...she lost hair also, but said it is coming back...hang on tight, and keep cleaning out that shower drain! ICK! -Tami
lisasolis
on 9/27/04 9:46 am - Rincon, GA
Nothing you can do about it at all!!! Hate to say it. I am 4 1/2 months post op down about 87 lbs. - have been taking Biotin 2500 since day one, take zinc, flaxseeds and oil, mixed birth control pills in my shampoo (read a lot about this) use Nioxin shampoo - I am getting in most of my protein. My hair is still thinning. I have long black hair but it is coming out. I know if this keeps up I will have to cut it. Now I wear it up or use a clip on hair piece (if you look at my picture I am wearing my clipon in this one). I am 50 years old and I am afraid it will never be thick again or grow back. This is a problem for me and I will probably take vitamins for this for years. ANy information from post ops would be helpful - does it really grow back - even at my age???? Thanks for listening - Lisa
Kay Holder
on 9/27/04 9:58 am - Mableton, GA
Honey, I am so sorry! It wont last long, I pronise (so everyone tells me) Are you drinking plenty of protien? I've not lost any, not a hair, and I dont even take protein, so I dont know how much that actually helps. You'll be beautiful, with or without hair!
Most Active