TEED OFF WITH PCP OFFICE

sweettonya
on 9/26/04 9:15 am - Butler, Ga
I just wanted to kinda vent. I've been waiting for two weeks for my pcp to come back to his office, after a heart attack. And waiting patiently I might add. My doctor also has a nurse practioner that works in the office with him. I often see her, because I like her manner so much more. WEll, she told me that I would have to wait for him to come back to sign off on my referral letter and medical necessiy letter. Well, low and behold, I get a copy of the medical necessity letter yesterday, and you would never guess who signed off on it. She did. His name was no one on it. And I never asked her to send it to me. I told her that it had to be faxed to Emory Bariatrics. Well, I guess this seems kinda small in retsospect. But it really upsets me. Anyone had anything like this to happen to them? I am planning on calling Monday and setting up an appointment to talk with them so that I can get everything straight. This is my life we are talking about. Hope everyone is doing ok. God Bless! P.S. I in no way blame this on the doctor. Just wanted to add that in case anyone would think I was being cruel.
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/04 9:38 am - Warner Robins, GA
What a bummer! Do you think the Surgeon's office will accept the letter with the nurse's name on it? I'd be curious to know the answer. I wish you well. Keep us posted. Tonya
modeanryan
on 9/26/04 11:16 am - Duluth, GA
OH Yeah...that would frustrate me... I have a very hard time being put on hold for a very long time, for a specific reason, and then find that the reason I was waiting was just blown off... I can understand your frustration. (It's times like this that my kid says "Mother's disturbed" ) I hope everything goes well fo you! -Tami
Most Active