NOW MY NERVES ARE REALLY KICKING IN

wanda boyd
on 9/25/04 11:07 pm - CARROLLTON, GA
OK YALL I AM NOT GOING TO SAY I AM NOT SCARED CAUSE I AM VERY SCARED I AM WORRIED NOT JUST THE SURGERY BUT WHAT TO EAT I NEVER GOT A PAPER OR NOTHING SHOWING WHAT TO EAT OR HOW MUCH LORD I AM WORRIED NOW I AM SICK AT MY TUMMY ABOUT THIS.............. THANKS WANDA
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/04 11:30 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Wanda, I can relate to being scared and nervous. You have to rely on your faith that God isn't finished with you yet. The last week before my surgery I was in constant prayer. At my desk, in my car, while cooking dinner....etc. That is the only thing I could do to give myself comfort. You still have time tot comtact Dr Hixson's office to get a copy of his diet plan. Does he have a website with his plan posted? Dr D allows his patients to progress to full liquids by day 2, if Dr Hixson has the same rules then you can go to Dr Duncan's website and download his diet plan. HUgs, Tonya
nonamedamet
on 9/26/04 12:12 am - GA
Wanda, What you are feeling and going through now is normal. I know I was there myself. Then after constant prayers, things just "feel into place" and I had peace about what I was doing and why. I have asked the same for you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and if you need us we are right here for you, you will not be alone. Hugs and blessings, Theresa
Becky F
on 9/26/04 2:26 am - Woodstock, GA
It's normal to be scared!!! Definitely call your surgeon's office or nutritionist for some eating guidelines. We will be here to help too. One thing I did was go the google.com and list words like "gastric bypass diet - full liquids," etc. I am the biggest chicken ever. If I can do it, I KNOW you can! Hugs!!! Becky
LittleLifsey
on 9/26/04 4:38 am - Jacksonville, FL
Wanda, I too have Dr. Hixon. He will give you a plan at pre-op. IF you have already had pre-op then call his office and they can mail you one. The order of things is one full week of clear liquids. Sugar free stuff like jello, crystal light and juices. You should have it by the second week. It is full liquids. You get to add puddings, soups, etc. I was scared and debated my decision. IT is major surgery. However now having gone through it I would do it again and again. Hang in there and I will be looking forward to your posting when you are on the other side. lynn
jennifer S.
on 9/26/04 9:03 am - conyers, GA
THANKS FOR SAYING EVERYTHING I'M FEELING. i HEAR FROM OTHERS THIS IS NORMAL. CALL THE DR. IN THE MORNING, SOMEONE MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO. THEY FORGOT TO GIVE ME MY PREOP INSTRUCTIONS UNTIL THURS.
modeanryan
on 9/26/04 11:29 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Angelette! Did your surgeon not offer nutritional counseling? I am bummed, cuz I was working on a reply earlier for you and was typing all the instructions my doc gave me on the first few weeks of nutrition, but I accidently hit the "back" button, and LOST it ALL!! ARGH!! Anyway, if you want, if you have a number I can fax this info to you at, I will. Have you checked with Brittany Dixon or Natalie Shoemaker? I think they both also used Dr. Hixon as well. Perhaps they know what his post surgery instructions are... I'll keep you in my prayers...try (I know it's not easy) to relax.. You are going to do great! -Tami
Most Active