Intro to GA forum

lynnie-o
on 9/25/04 9:48 am - Ringgold, GA
Hi, all... I am just finishing up on getting all my clearances for surgery (had to have an angiogram yesterday...), and when my doc gets all the clearance reports, I will get a surgery date! Wow, this has been a long journey. I am excited about having the surgery, because I want to live longer, and feel healthy and have energy, and about a million other things that I cannot do because I'm too big, or too tired. I am 5'4", and weigh about 275. I'd love to be proud of how I look at my graduation from grad school in May... am hoping that I will have had some success by then! I am 44 years old, and have four children. I don't expect that this will give me that 18 yr. old body again but imagine that there are a few things that I can have "adjusted" (hehehe) if need be! Hope I can get to know some of you... I don't go to any support groups because my doctor is in Atlanta, and I'm up near Chattanooga. If you know of one in my area (say within 60 minutes or so), let me know. Blessings, Lyn O.
lisasolis
on 9/25/04 12:19 pm - Rincon, GA
Welcome to the Georgia Message Board!!!!! Blessings to you as you start this new journey. Any Questions - Just Holler!!!!!
lynnie-o
on 9/26/04 12:38 am - Ringgold, GA
Thank you, Lisa. I'm excited to be on my way, and hope to get to know some of you for support!
6cats2dogs
on 9/25/04 1:27 pm - Jefferson, GA
Welcome Lyn, I know where Ringgold is, my brother use to live in Cartersville before he moved back north. That is a beautiful area. Feel free to yell if you need anything at all. I can always travel if needed. Hugs, Debra
lynnie-o
on 9/26/04 12:43 am - Ringgold, GA
Thank you for your support, Debra. I just read your profile, and I like friendly, genuine people too! I like to think that I "am" one of them. I'm really anxious to have this surgery. My health will improve dramatically and so will my energy level. My heart doctor even thinks that I can reverse some of my heart blockage problems by the weight loss. I'm SO glad that I decided to try WLS! Blessings to you, Debra Lyn
nonamedamet
on 9/25/04 11:58 pm - GA
Congratulations on your journey to a happier, healthier life. Best wishes and my your way be paved with blessings...Hugs and prayers, Theresa
lynnie-o
on 9/26/04 12:54 am - Ringgold, GA
Hi, Theresa... I just read your profile, and you are off to a great start! It must really feel good to be losing so quickly. It is inspiring to read how WLS surgery really does work! Blessings, Lyn
Becky F
on 9/26/04 2:08 am - Woodstock, GA
Welcome, Lyn!!! Hugs to you! Becky
lynnie-o
on 9/26/04 2:51 am - Ringgold, GA
Hi, Becky... Thanks for the warm welcome! I read your profile, and want to say congratulations on your success w/ WLS! Reading profiles like yours keeps me going... Lyn
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/04 2:15 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Lynn, Welcome to the board!! What Dr are you using? I look forward to seeing you post around here. Hugs, Tonya
Most Active