Still Encouraged

jlinwood
on 9/21/04 5:33 am - UNION CITY, GA
Today, I had gone to my pcp for two reasons. 1. To get a medical clearance letter. 2. To have them find out why I am having pain which moves from my chest to my arms to my back. The doctor did an EKG which showed that everything was normal; however, she scheduled me an appointment with the cardiologist for this Thursday. I will not be given a medical clearance letter until after she gets those results back along with my blood work. One thing she said that did alarm me was that Blue cross blue shield will not be approving this type of surgery in the new year. Sometimes I feel that I may have started this journey a little too late. Time will tell. But I am still encouraged.
Debbie C.
on 9/21/04 6:56 am - Carrollton, GA
James I believe you have time to get it approved. If your cardiologist says your heart is fine you may need you gallbladder checked. If it has already got stones or sludge you need it out & you might be able to have it out with your WLS. What other tests do you still have to do? If you are approved before the end of the year they can still schedule your surgery in 2005. But you may want to double check that with Joyce at Dr. Duncan's office. Good luck - Debbie
jlinwood
on 9/21/04 10:15 am - UNION CITY, GA
Thanx Debbie, You mentioned gall stones. Are there any symptomes of it or the sludge that you mentioned or is everything discovered as you go?
modeanryan
on 9/21/04 8:48 am - Duluth, GA
Don't give up James!!! Just keep pushing to get the appts done...try not to spreadbthem out if you can...you still have time!! We'll keep our fingers crossed! -Tami
Becky F
on 9/21/04 9:40 am - Woodstock, GA
James, I think you still have time! I think it's great that you already have an appointment for Thursday. "After" my approval, I had to go see a cardiologist for a final clearance from my PCP. I am really glad you are finding out about those pains. Maybe this will save a step after your approval! Take care, and please keep us posted! Sincerely, Becky
nonamedamet
on 9/22/04 3:06 am - GA
Hang in there James. There is still time for approval and every appointment you complete puts you one step closer to being healthier. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active