needs a list

wanda boyd
on 9/20/04 9:17 am - CARROLLTON, GA
HOWDY YALL I NEED A LIST OF THINGS I NEED TO TAKE TO THE HOSPITAL WITH ME AND I ALSO NEED A LIST OF THINGS I CAN EAT WHENJ I GET HOME AND WHERE I CAN GET THEM AT............ THANKS WANDA AKAREADYTOBEONEHOTMAMA LOL
afbrown
on 9/20/04 10:53 am - Duluth, GA
I took a bunch of stuff to the hospital that I DIDN'T need. However, I would suggest - something to read and/or a journal to write in toothbrush/toothpaste brush or comb for your hair fan (wish I'd had that, as I was HOT at night) As for at home - the only decent thing they gave me in the hospital was a sugar-free popsicle. They are great!! Also, sugar free jello. As to the protein shakes, etc., don't get too many now. Your tastes will change after surgery and what you like now you may not be able to stand later!! Hope all goes well for you. Ann in Duluth
Patima
on 9/20/04 10:59 am - GA
The number one things for me were: chapstick, a battery operated fan, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, pony tail holder, a wooden spoon (to wrap TP around because it was hard to reach), and a backscratcher. I also took my cell phone AND a calling card just in case the cell phone didn't work. I also took a clean gown and robe and slippers to wear home (more comfortable) and a couple of pillows for cushion on the ride home. I have a list of what I took and what I used on my profile. At home afterwards, I had my SF popcicles, my snow cone machine with SF syrup (purchased at WalMart), Crystal Light, Broth (chicken, beef and vegetable), SF jello, SF kool-aid and protein drinks. Hope this helps, Patti
modeanryan
on 9/20/04 11:52 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Angelette! You need VERY little for the hospital. Just something comfy to wear home, good and loose, some slippers, etc. and your shower toiletries... Maybe some magazines, or a book but I didn't even read those... When you get home, you will want to pick the clear liquids that you like best. I had s/f popsicles, chicken broth, s/f jello, crystal light, etc. I also had my chewable multivitamins, chewable calcium, b-12 sublinqual that melt under your tongue. After those things you will see your doc again and he will let you know if you can add foods to that list... Hope that helps...-Tami
Most Active