BCBS BLUECHOICE POS HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

tknight
on 9/18/04 9:18 am - Detroit, MI
can anyone tell me if you have been approved without having the 12 month sup. diet? anyone please help i never go to the doctor but i have been on many diets i had consult with surgeon he says that bcbs is hard to deal with. i did submit failed diet attempts and a letter on why i need surgery. i do have a 3month supervised diet.
modeanryan
on 9/18/04 7:35 pm - Duluth, GA
I had BCBS HMO. I had to give them a listing of the different diets I tried. I only had 1 "doctor" supervised diet. I just showed a complete list of diets I tried. I didn't really know the real dates, but I could remember every stupid diet I tried. Include EVERYTHING...from doc supervised to cabbage soup to Richard Simmons Deal a Meal.....think of all the stuff you've tried. -Tami
Laura-n-GA
on 9/18/04 11:00 pm - Locust Grove, GA
I have the same insurance. I listed all the diets I've ever tried in my life. I don't go to a pcp very often, never have, and didn't do a 3 months supr. diet, but my surgeon wrote and awesome letter to the insurance company. I had no problems with the insurance. I was approved and they paid 100% with the exception of co-pays for the ologist which also covered my family deductible. Good Luck ~L~
nonamedamet
on 9/18/04 11:27 pm - GA
I have the same insurance and I listed everything I have ever done. If I didn't know the exact dates I did the best I could to show that I have dieted for years and no avail. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Kathy H.
on 9/19/04 9:53 am - bethlehem, GA
According to the guidelines I got from my surgeon's office for BCBS, and from BCBS Bluechoice, you only need 5-6 months of consecutive/non consecutive supervised diets. If you have three...go back and get him to put you on one more for two months! Good luck, Kathy
lynnie-o
on 9/27/04 1:10 am - Ringgold, GA
Hi there. I got approval from BCBS PPO with no problems... just had to document my many years and methods of weight loss attempts. Don't give up... and sending a hug your way... blessings, lynnie
Most Active