Hey you guys!

Vickie N.
on 9/17/04 8:24 am - Duluth, MN
I am from Minnesota and I posted yesterday with an honest question. 36 people read my post, but NO ONE replied. I guess you all from Ga are not what we call Minnesota friendly! Ha. Come on help a girl out. Gee whiz. Vickie
BIGYANK
on 9/17/04 9:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Bring shorts and pants Visit the world of coca cola, stone mountain, the king center, margaret mitchell house and take a tour of cnn
Vickie N.
on 9/17/04 9:26 am - Duluth, MN
Hey Big Yank, thanks for the info. I knew there had to be at least one person willing to help a fellow WLS person and out of stater. Much appreciated. Vickie
mikkozoe
on 9/17/04 12:28 pm - Conyers, GA
Hey there Sorry i was at work ....i would say the World of coke is cool to see ...also a tour of CNN is great ...go for the cheep one all you get with the one that is more is a mug and a key chain and you can buy that with the extra money ....if you are coming in Oct right ? i would bring some shorts and some jeans .....Let see places to eat there is MAggionios if you like italian ..Cheescake factory ...ok it kinda depends on were you are staying ....then i can really help you out i think ..... Laura
modeanryan
on 9/19/04 1:23 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Vickie!! Sorry, I was away most of yesterday... Hello Duluth Minnesota resident from a Duluth Georgia resident!! (We lovingly call our town "DOO-LOOTH"...I doubt you guys do that, huh? LOL!) Centennial Park is downtown...really neat. I saw you say that you are going on a plantation tour. The Margaret Mitchell House is in Atlanta..she wrote Gone With The Wind. Also, the FABULOUS FOX Theater is an AMAZING place (built in 1920's)...The play Chicago starts and will be there the 5th & 6th. The Chili Cookoff will be going on at Stone Mountain. My personal favorite..The Atlanta Braves will be playing in the Division Playoffs (tickets will be NO problem to get and are not elevated for Division Playoffs).. At the Jimmy Carter Presidential Center they have: After 9/11: Messages from the World and Images of Ground Zero Third Anniversary is Commemorated with Artifacts, Letters & Photographs September 4, 2004 - January 2, 2005 The U.S. Diplomacy Center of the U.S. State Department, in cooperation with the Museum of the City of New York, has put together an exhibition of letters, poems, paintings, drawings, quilts, photos, and other gifts that poured into New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania after the September 11, 2001 attacks. Many of these genuine expressions of sympathy were brought or sent to U.S. Embassies around the world. The exhibition also includes photographs of Ground Zero. Underground Atlanta has a lot of neat little shops & restaurants. Atlanta Botanical Gardens Cathedral of St. Phillips is in Buckhead (midtown) Established in 1847, this mammoth cathedral has served as the seat of Atlanta's Episcopalian diocese for more that 150 years. The most peculiar aspect of the church's design is the Hall of Bishops, a 40-foot hexagon that features 11 circular paths that form a sort of labyrinth, meant to represent the pilgrimages of the Middle Ages. Tours of the facility are offered on Sunday mornings, or by appointment during the week. Services are also held throughout the week, with a special Spanish service on Sundays at 1:30pm. North of Atlanta in Kennesaw are the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield (civil war)....I think someone mentioned the Cyclorama....It's about the civil war..amazing... The Atlanta Preservation Society offers tours of nearly all of the prominent neighborhoods in Atlanta. Tours include Ansley Park, Inman Park, downtown, and attractions such as the Fox Theatre. Prices are $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and $3 for students. Groups can also be accommodated, but call in advance. Times and dates for each tour vary, so be sure to call ahead to get times and meeting places. More than just a litany of landmarks, this local outfit shows visitors the nooks and corners that give Atlanta its true personality. Callanwolde Fine Arts Center is having a painting exhibition... Callanwolde, the magnificent Gothic-Tudor style home of the Charles Howard Candler family, was completed in 1920. Howard Candler, the oldest son of Asa Candler (founder of the Coca-Cola Company), was the President of Coca-Cola from 1916 to 1923. Here's a link to restaurants: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2820854-atlanta_restaurants-i;_ylt=AgxssqmAV.R6lqlFd1IPgZVaFmoL and a link to nightlife, etc... http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2821396-atlanta_entertainment-i;_ylt=AtD2N_r0nFB.QRGQ7rW.wZNaFmoL TONS AND TONS of stuff to do....Can you tell I'm proud of my city? I was born and raised here... THAT's something that is getting rarer and rarer... OH YEAH!! You've GOT to eat at the VARSITY!!! "What'll ya have?" Have a GREAT time!!! -Tami
Vickie N.
on 9/19/04 9:34 am - Duluth, MN
Tami, I just checked back on this site to see if anyone else answered, THANK YOU !!!! I will print off this info and besure to use it. We say, Doo-luth. I will post a note about my trip after I get back home. How far is Duluth Ga from Atlanta? Thanks once again. Vickie
Most Active