What next, Dr. Duncan?

jlinwood
on 9/14/04 4:53 am - UNION CITY, GA
Hey everybody! At this time I am waiting for the folks in the wellness center to fax, mail, walk my nutritional evaluation over to Dr. Duncan's office. I also found out that I have to return to my PCP for a medial clearance letter. I had assumed that the diet history and letter of clearance was one in the same. Can anyone tell me what to expect from my pcp during this examination? I am just so ready to do this. If I happen to see Dr. Duncan I might just jump on the nearest table and tell him to go for it! I am having a feeling that I've never had before. Occasionally, I get this burning, heated feeling around my chest, and sometimes my arm. I don't think it's my heart. I will tell my doctor about it when I see him.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/04 5:46 am - Warner Robins, GA
James, Your PCP should review your medical history and address any problem you are having or have had in the past. Based on that info he may want to run tests before he signs off. Also, he should run a whole thyroid panel and sent the actual copy of the results in with the letter of medical clearance. The letter must state that you are medically cleared for gastric bypass surgery in order for it to be acceptable by Dr D's office who in turn sends it to the insurance company. Do you have GERD? That would happen to me before I started taking Prev-acid. At one point I thought I was having a heart-attack. But make you have him check...better to be safe then sorry. Take care and good to see you posting. Tonya
cheche00
on 9/16/04 2:05 am - Lawrenceville, GA
The failed diet history tells all the diets you have tried up to now to loose weight. Make sure it is up tell now. The letter of medical clearence from your pcp tells that you are medically cleared to have the surgery make sure you pcp puts in the letter that you are medically cleared for a gastric by-pass. Do you have your nutritional evaluation yet? Keep calling them until it gets in your file. The same for you psyc evaluation make sure Dr. Duncan has it in your file. Stay on them call everyday until they have everything. I am one year out and they are trying to stop the surgery (the insurance companies) already so stay on them until you get what you want.
Most Active