no no no i am sick of hearing it

AIMEEA
on 9/13/04 11:24 am - waycross, GA
HI yall. well i have got turned down again . what now i am going to appeal again because my health is geeting worse high b/p ,high blood sugar,my col. is out the roof ,but they keep telling me no. i am so peeeeed off . I pay these fools and they dont care about me at all. They sent me a copy from the hand book that said that no wt loss programes are covered.no type surg .are covered for wt loss . I have united health care with ware st. prison state of ga ins sucks...............sorry but if anyone has any info that will help me i would love to hear it . thanks aimee
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/04 11:59 am - Warner Robins, GA
I don't have any information but I just wanted to give you a ((((hug)))) Hang in there, Tonya
Lorri R.
on 9/13/04 1:37 pm - Tallapoosa, GA
That's so wierd, I have UHC too, and it clearly says that weight loss surgery IS covered. You might want to log onto the UHC website and see what your benefits are. It's at http://www.myuhc.com Surely there's something you can do.... maybe a personal loan or a second mortgage? Lorri
Ken W.
on 9/13/04 2:54 pm - Conyers, GA
Hi Aimee, I too had United Health Care and they refused to pay for my surgery. I changed to Blue Cross Blue Shield and within two weeks i was approved. You may want to switch inusrance companys during your open enrollment period. United Health Care could care less about its memebers. They are just money hungry *******s! Good Luck, Ken
Georgia Girl
on 9/13/04 11:25 pm
Aimee, I am sorry about your denial with UHC. I am three years out and mine was paid for and they also paid for my Panniculectomy too. If you would like I'd be willing to help you with your appeal. If you would e-mail me off board at [email protected] I will try and help you. Have a great day hon and things will work out. Crece
nonamedamet
on 9/14/04 12:13 am - GA
Aimee, I am so sorry, I wish I had some words of advice but I just had to offer Hugs and prayers. Theresa
Denise M.
on 9/14/04 5:45 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Aimee, I have UHC and they paid for mine? This may be something that your company excludes as something they will pay for. You need to check with your HR person to determine if that is the case. Also a suggestion...see if you can get your PCP to declare it medically necessary. If you have a series of co-morbidities, I am not understanding why they are not supporting this? Good Luck! Denise
Sherrie S.
on 9/15/04 6:56 am - Athens, GA
Just to let you know that it is Georgia State law that if you medically need to have WLS, insurance has to cover it. You know what is so sad to me is that if you were to have a drug problem they would be there to cover your rehab for you. Even if you had to go more than once. My insurance has denied me as well, but we have a small insuance company and they fall into that special loop hole that they do not have to cover WLS. Do you have any letters from any of your other doctors saying you need WLS. Dont give up, keep on them.
Leigh A.
on 9/15/04 7:59 am - Atlanta, GA
Can you give any specific information about Ga law regarding coverage of WLS? I contacted the Insurance Commissioner's office when I was pre-op and they told me that there is no such requirement that the companies provide it. I had also read on-line that the state required the companies to provide it if medically necessary - but the commissioner's office said not. Just wondered if you had any information. thanks,
Most Active