Dr. C. Daniel Smith

Baby G.
on 9/12/04 12:07 pm - GA
Does anyone have an up coming surgery with Dr. C. Daniel Smith or has had surgery done by him lately? I asking because I see a lot of surgeries been done by Dr. Duncan, Hixson and Champion.
Ally N.
on 9/12/04 12:42 pm - Marietta, GA
Try his yahoo group of pre-op and post-op patients. You can access it via his website www.advancedobesitysurgery.com. He is suppose to be a wonderful surgeon. I researched him during my dr decision phase. The only downside to him was that his wait time for an appointment was over 7 months. Anyhoo, I found a great dr I am extremely happy with, Dr. Sidney Appel. Dr. Appel does many high risk WLS and has been doing bariatric surgery for over 6 years. good luck to you, Ally 10/14/2004 Dr. Appel
BIGYANK
on 9/12/04 1:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
The Web site you listed IS NOT for the doctor at Emory, its for Dennis Smith NOT C. Daniel Smith with Emory Bariatrics.
Ally N.
on 9/13/04 11:48 am - Marietta, GA
SORRY! I did not know there were two Dr. Smith's doing the DS.
Ken W.
on 9/13/04 2:59 pm - Conyers, GA
Hi Baby girl, Yes, Dr. C Daniel Smith was my surgeon and he is great! The only complaint i have is that Emory Hospital sucks. Read my profile and you will see what i mean. Just remember that Emory is a teaching hospital and you could very well have students doing your surgery and not Dr. Smith. I had to have a second surgery because of students doing my first surger and screwing it up. I almost died. Nobody will confirm that students operated on me but when the second surgery had to be done late one night Dr Smith and Dr. Van Sickle told me they would personally be doing my surgery. They saved my life. If i were you i would seriously consider going somewhere else that is not a teaching hospital. Good Luck
Baby G.
on 9/15/04 1:47 pm - GA
Ken, Sorry, I am just now replying my dsl has been down in my area. Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I have not been feeling good about having the surgery with Dr. Smith. One reason is that I could not find any web site with surgery dates posted or testimonials any where regarding experiences with him. I rarely if all see people who have him listed as a surgeon and new surgery dates posted with him as the surgeon. I will continue seeking a surgeon until I feel comfortable. Again thank you. I am glad you are feeling better. Keep me posted on your health and journey.
Most Active