New to board

denise d.
on 9/12/04 11:14 am - Smyrna, GA
I've been lurking and reading everyone's posts for the last few weeks and decided it was time to introduce myself and join in the fun. I've been thinking about WLS for the last year but finally made my mind up about a month ago to go ahead and not back down again. I'm currently waiting for Dr. Champion's office to call me with a date for an office appointment. Because I have Coventry insurance (they won't consider paying for WLS under any cir****tances), I will be paying cash for the surgery. I'm raiding the old 401K for the money. If I don't do something about the weight I will probably not live long enough to use the money anyway! Hopefully things will move quickly since I don't have to go through all the insurance hoops but I'm getting more scared every day. I was doing much better until Friday when my PCP and the doctor I work for decided both decided to share with me how much they were against my having the surgery. Just the kind of support I was looking for.
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/04 11:24 am - Warner Robins, GA
Welcome Denise! I am so glad you decided to join the fun I know discouraging it is to have the people around you share horror stories, b/c everyone has an uncle's, bother's, wife's, cousin's, sister's friend that "HEARD" of someone blowing out their pouch from eating to much and subsequently died from it. All you can do is surround yourself with a support system, pray for guidance, and arm yourself with education. You have choosen an excellent surgeon with a great track record. Take comfort in that. We are always here for you gal! Hope to see you continue to post. Hugs, Tonya
modeanryan
on 9/12/04 11:39 am - Duluth, GA
Well glad you came out of LURKER LAND!!! We are so glad to have you here!! We are friendly folks!! Do you work for the hospital system? My friend works for Gwinnett Hospital and has Coventry...it seems crazy to me that the hospitals do not pay for wls... Keep us posted. From the folks I know, you will be VERY pleased with Dr. Champion.. C'mon out and play more often!! -Tami
denise d.
on 9/12/04 12:12 pm - Smyrna, GA
I don't actually work for a hospital system but I work for a large group of cardiologists with approximately 150 employees. I think Coventry was their cheapest choice
nonamedamet
on 9/13/04 3:22 am - GA
Welcome and nice to meet you. You have choosen a Doctor that has an excellant reputation and comes highly recommended by many health care professionals I know. God bless you in your journey and remember we are here for you! Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active