Slowly getting my life back!

Amy Williams
on 9/12/04 4:44 am
Hey Everyone Just last week I finally got my skirt made for my mother in laws wedding in October. Over the past few years I've not been to church, when I was growing up church was my life. I was always doing some type of activities with the youth group, etc. So I finally got a skirt long enough to cover my legs and feeling better. Anyhow all this time I've had God in my heart, but I've missed being able to interact with people and just feeling that spirit. So this morning Kenneth and I went to church! I was so happy, everyone was so nice to me. I felt like myself again. It's been a long time since I've had such an over joy of emotion and love. The first time in a very LONG time I felt truly complete. What made it even better are people that had visited me just prior to surgery saw a difference in my appearance. It's the first time I've had so many people make remarks about how great I looked to my face and that they could see the difference. One person told me I had a glow around my face I'm loving life! Last night I wanted to have a little fun, so Ken said you know I bet you could fit into my uniform. I said NO WAY! I've always been larger than Kenneth since we married and never fit into his clothes. So he ran off to the other room and got his uniform. I kept telling him he's out of his mind! With my legs they would NEVER fit. Anyhow here's the pic! LOL! Ps. I even had to break out the handcuffs! It's not the best picture, but made me feel good Here's a link to the picture! http://ourworld.cs.com/wlsandyou/Webpage/Amyuniform.JPG Amy 615/570/458/Healthy
cbouland
on 9/12/04 6:27 am - Conyers, GA
Amy, I know what you mean about not going to church, but having God in your heart. My mother does not understand why I will not go to church, however, this morning I put on a pair of shorts I have not been able to wear for a long time. It felt great! so maybe next weekend I will try out some church clothes. I am so glad so many people post here, it gives me hope, and inspires me that I am not the only one going though these things. I am now about 1.5 weeks out and have lost 20 lbs, and so far have only had 2 episodes of dry heaves. But man I am ready to eat! I want...... so many things, but I think it is my head and not my stomach. I have tried a few different soups and they have all stayed down, but I had to have some cheese off of my sons birthday pizza, and man it was good... it went down good, and it was just good.... I am ready for things of substance! anyway thank you for sharing. and I loved the picture.... I do not of course, want to know what you did with the handcuffs.... I might get jelous!! lol.... Have a great evening. Connie
Amy Williams
on 9/12/04 6:32 am
Sounds like you are going thru what I did. In the beginning I didn't ever seem satisfied with what I eat. I felt so much better when I was on what I call "normal" food. I just wanted something that seemed normal and not just a "snack" LOL! It will get better.
modeanryan
on 9/12/04 9:10 am - Duluth, GA
YOU GO GIRL!!! Now don't get too crazy with power in that uniform!! You DO have a glow about your face...you can see it in your picture! -Tami
nonamedamet
on 9/12/04 10:10 am - GA
God Bless you, AMY!
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/04 10:42 am - Warner Robins, GA
Amy, That is just wonderful!! I am so glad you were able to go to church today. I am so happy for you. When I read about the glow in your face I looked at your picture and sure enough I see a glow. It shows in your post also. You truly are a special person. I hope to meet you some day. Hugs, Tonya
Amy Williams
on 9/12/04 3:26 pm
Thanks Tonya, I hope we can meet some day too!
Baby G.
on 9/12/04 11:42 am - GA
Amy, I am so glad to see that you are loving life. My husband taped your story on True Life for me and I watched it today. It made me cry and feel hope. I have read most of your profile and even joined the wlsandyou yesterday. I told my husband just today that God has a call on your life and you were saved for a purpose. Hold on to your hat I suspect God has great plans for you. I know you have helped me in more ways than you will ever know. God Bless you on your journey. Oh, and that husband of your is incredible. May God bless every thing you and your husband touch. In Jesus Name. Amen! I can't wait to see you grow into your purpose and branch out.
Amy Williams
on 9/12/04 3:27 pm
What a sweet thing to write! That was very nice! Thank you Thank you! Amy
sxynecie
on 9/12/04 3:53 pm - Jonesboro, GA
You go girl, You fantastic, I must agree having this surgery is the best thing in the world. Mrs~Jackson
Most Active