Burps?

Denise M.
on 9/10/04 3:01 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Ok I have sort of an embaressing question? I also apologize upfront if this is offensive to anyone. I will be one month post op on Sunday- and I have a terrible time with having a ton of air or gas in my pouch/tummy. Its like I have air pockets, and no matter how much Pepcid I chew or gas X, the air is still there. It appears to me that depending on the day, or what goes in, will determine the magnitude and strength of the burps. I have ordered some Riopan plus, they did not carry it here at my pharmacy to see if that will help..... I was doing great post op with my fluids and protein drinks. About 1.5 weeks ago this came to a screeching hault. Now, when I try to drink my water, it hits these air pockets and projectiles out. Same as the protein shakes. I am having a battle so to speak with my pouch to make sure that I keep trying to get fluids in as I am not ready to become a boarder at DeKalb Medical again. I am finding that these air pockets are now one of the main reasons why I am having difficulty ingesting anything. When I swallow, if it hits the air pocket, it produces a series of burps that eventually will cause one of two things. 1. Projectile forces of all ingested items 2. Gagging and vomitting Has anyone else experienced this? I have an appt withmy surgeon on the 22nd..I was just wondering if anyone else had this? Thanks! Denise
afbrown
on 9/10/04 4:30 am - Duluth, GA
It sounds like you might be trying to drink too fast and gulping air too. Or, are you using a straw? My doc said not to use a straw as you tend to get too much air in with it. Hope you figure this out soon - I know it's not fun!! Ann in Duluth
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/04 4:41 am - Warner Robins, GA
Denise, I have no idea. If you don't get much of a response here I'd try the main board. You are more likely to get some one with some experience there. Other than that...Burping & Tooting are my life Tonya
hollyhobby
on 9/10/04 4:53 am - Jonesboro, GA
Denise, Sounds like your pouch is trying to finish healing. Maybe once all this passes things will be better. Talk to you later. Holly
angelamassey
on 9/10/04 4:53 am - Jonesboro, GA
Your stoma may be clogged. Try eating a few bites of papaya.
cbouland
on 9/10/04 6:40 am - Conyers, GA
Okay Denise I think we could have a contest... I can belch the paint off the walls..... the thing that works for me is mylocan drops.. They are for infants... Look in the baby section... I even bought the generic kind... Works like a charm! I am 9 days post op and no nausea or no vomitting.. I have been very lucky! Let me know how the mylocan works! Connie
Most Active