Not so good

kwan579
on 9/8/04 10:49 pm - athens, GA
I went to my pcp, the one I raved so much about. Well she is leaving me!! Can you believe it! She is leaving me when I need her the most. She said that her husband got a new job so she will be working in Gainesville. She wants me to come there cause I am going to be seeing Dr. Procter anyway.(she was the one who told me about him)She wants to see and help me go thru everything, before and after wls. I hate that she wont be five minutes away anymore and that we might lose that close Dr & patient relationship that has grown over the years w/ eachother. What to do? W Williams
freespirit
on 9/8/04 10:58 pm - Hawkinsville, GA
If it were me and I truly trusted her as my doc, I'd drive to Gainesville. I live in a small town and nothing is a 5 minute drive for me. I have to drive to the next city get to anything. I'd not be a big decision for me since I'm used to driving anyway. Robin
Barb in S. GA
on 9/9/04 3:18 am - Dawson, GA
I agree with Robin. I'm driving a 6 hour round-trip to see my surgeon and get all my surgery clearances. I could have had some of the tests done in the nearest town (28 miles), but it sometimes takes two months to get an appointment unless you are dying and need the emergency room. If you have a doctor you are comfortable with and can call on the phone, I'd stick with her until you're at least 1 1/2 to 2 years post-op. It's getting harder and harder to find a doc that stays in one place. Barb
Denise M.
on 9/9/04 8:18 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Here are my thoughts... When you have that perfect relationship- which is rare to find, sometimes a little travel time is worth it. I understand inconvenience, but trust, compassion, understanding, caring, and respect is something you have to work hard at getting. For me, it would be worth the commute... Thats my 2 cents worth Denise
Harriett H.
on 9/9/04 8:32 am - Alpharetta, GA
I would not change my PCP or Rummy for anything my PCP is a 45min drive ad my rummy is 1hr and 1/2 drive but it well worth it. I trust both of them and it took me to long to find them my PCP i havehad for 12 yrs my rummy only 4yrs but it took me 6 yrs to find her. God Bless Harriett
Most Active