Need to know?

kwan579
on 9/7/04 12:35 pm - athens, GA
Hello all I have a drs. appointment and I was wondering if there were any test and things that I can get out of the way now. Last drs. visit she asked me what kind of test needed to be done but I didnt know. So, If anyone knows Please help. Thanks, W Williams
modeanryan
on 9/7/04 1:18 pm - Duluth, GA
Hi W! I think it will depend on your individual medical history, but I can tell you the tests I did. Sleep Study EKG Pulmonary Function Test H Pylori Test (to determine if you have any ulcer causing bacteria) These were the ones I had to have. I hope things work out ok for you! Keep us posted. -Tami
Barb in S. GA
on 9/7/04 1:57 pm - Dawson, GA
The Sleep Apnea (Sleep Study) seems to be a test all surgeons require. I've had to have the PFT (pulmonary function test), EKG, Stress Thallium Scan, Echocardiogram, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, TFS(thyroid function studies), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and I think I'll also have to have an Upper GI. Your surgeon of choice should give you a list of all the tests your PCP could take care of. Good luck, and don't get discouraged, there are great people on this board to support you. Barb
Siddy I.
on 9/8/04 4:27 am - Savage, MN
Most of the pre-op test are only good for 30 days before surgery. The docs (and insurance companies) want up to date info. I had my psych approval done when I went for my first consult but I waited on the rest of the testing. Good Luck!!
Most Active