Sorry was gone due to emergency

Denise M.
on 9/3/04 11:41 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hi All, Just got back from an emergency late yesterday. I took today to rest, and got on the boards this evening. Kelli is our oldest, and was born with a series of complications too long and complex to get into here. One of the complications includes an enlarged heart. She has been doing really well, and in 2002 was released from the cardiologist care. Wednesday morning she woke up and said her heart was beating real hard. When you looked at her, you could see her heart literally beating so hard that it was moving her clothes. Her shirt was moving and you could see the heart beating in and out. Because of her issues, I have her pediatricians home number as well as her pager. I paged Dr. Flowers who called me immediately. When explaining what had happened we both concluded we needed to get her to emergency at Children's ASAP. When I got her there her heart was beating over 200 beats per minute. The average is 70. They could not get it to stop, and was afraid she was working herself into a mild heart attack state. We were in Emergency 7 hours having test after test. It just so happened that Dr. Todd, Kel's cardiologist was on call. SHe was extremely concerned and admitted her right away. She spent the night for observation, and all the sudden it stopped. They had no idea what caused it, nor are they sure why it happened? If she had had this issue last night she would have had to have a heart cath this morning. The echo cardiogram showed normal rhythyms this morning- and so now we are sitting here clueless as to why this happened...as well as afraid it could happen again. They have put her on digoxin every 12 hours- which upsets me because she has been medication free for 2 years. However, seeing her heart in distress is not a wonderful prospect either. Anyway, we are home, and resting- It was a bit nerve wracking- and let me tell you, I am glad to be here. (so is she) Again much thanks and much .... Denise
natalie S.
on 9/3/04 11:49 am - HARTWELL, GA
I am so sorry to hear about you baby, i pray that all will work out well, i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and if there is anytyhing you need please feel free to email me and let me know i will try to do whatever i can to help and i will continue to pray for you all. GOD bless you. NAT.
natalie S.
on 9/3/04 11:54 am - HARTWELL, GA
SORRY FOR THE MISPRINT I MEANT YOUR BABY AS IN YOUR CHILD
Denise M.
on 9/3/04 12:39 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
Thanks Nat! I appreciate it. we are taking it a day at a time. Denise
modeanryan
on 9/3/04 12:37 pm - Duluth, GA
WOW!! I'm sorry you guys had to go through all that!! I certainly hope your daughter will will be better and remain healthy! -Tami
Denise M.
on 9/3/04 12:43 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
Thanks Tami, It was very stressful- however, you have to handle it..you know? Just continue to pray for us. Denise
sxynecie
on 9/3/04 1:36 pm - Jonesboro, GA
I will pray for your and your family. Mrs~Jackson
Denise M.
on 9/4/04 10:22 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Thanks Mrs J! Denise
cathy M.
on 9/3/04 11:03 pm - hiram, GA
Denise, You and your family will be in my prayers. Take Care, Cathy Martin
Harriett H.
on 9/4/04 4:05 am - Alpharetta, GA
You and your family will be in my prayers. I know how she feels about meds i've had to take so many in my life but tell this time it's for the best you can't take chances with your heart. there can ba a good side i only haft to take 1/2 the meds after surgery than before. So she can look forard to maybe be getting off the meds again all things are possible with God on your side. God Bless Harriett
Most Active