Protein Supplements

Mac A.
on 9/2/04 12:01 pm - Cumming, GA
OK I am now week and a half away from surgery. I am going to get some Protein supplements this weekend and try a few to find what I can tolerate. Any sugestions???? Also I have a soup that I love it is a carrot, potato, leek soup. the veggis boiled till soft in Chicken Stock and then pureed with cream... (ok Skim Milk)... Would it be OK to add a protein supplement to this???? It may ruin the taste but I thought I would give it a try... Any Protein drink sugestions or thoughts.....
Patima
on 9/2/04 12:26 pm - GA
My suggestion is to order samples to try AFTER your surgery. I found that what I liked before I could no longer tolerate after surgery. Also, for something unflavored you can try the Unjury protein powder from the Unjury.com website. Patti
modeanryan
on 9/2/04 1:15 pm - Duluth, GA
I too am an UNJURY supporter! I order the Chocolate, it's so delish!! I have to have 68g's a day... I drink 2 - 8oz shakes and then get the rest from my diet. As I am able to eat better, I will reduce the amount of shake..
lstivers
on 9/2/04 1:43 pm - Bogart, GA
I whole heartedly recommend the Unjury protein. I just reordered the chocolate and spoke directly with the owner of the company. He really recommends their unflavored variety for adding to other foods, crystal light, ect.. I haven't tried that yet, cause I really like the chocolate. -Paige
Ms.Judy
on 9/2/04 10:12 pm - HOSCHTON, GA
Dr. Dan Proctor in Gainsville , Ga. did my surgery. They carry a line of Isopure protien supplements. I put one scoop of the powder in 8 to 10 oz of carb countdown milk with a pack or two of splenda. I then put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes and it is wonderful. I use the vanilla most of the time , but have tried the strawberry and it's good also. Sometime I put a scoop in a cup of decaf coffee and it's good , too. You have to melt the protien in cold water before you put it in hot coffee. I buy mine from the doctor's office, because it is a lot cheaper than the nutrition stores. Good luck, Judy
OHAngel2006
on 9/2/04 10:22 pm - GA
I use a Whey Protein I get from Vitamin Shoppe. I tried the Vanilla before surgery and mixed in some fresh strawberries. I still like it after surgery. Yesterday I bought the chocolate and it's really good too! I now put in some liquid Vit C to my shakes.
Most Active