Dr Champion

Robin P.
on 9/1/04 11:17 am - TN
Can anyone tell how there experince was with Dr Champion from beginning to end. Also did you gain weight before your surgery, and if so did he cancel it on you? Thank you. Robin
Robin P.
on 9/1/04 12:02 pm - TN
I do not have a scale and have not been to the doctors in years, so i guessed my weight. This is why i asked the question. I am going to go out and buy a scale tomorrow, but i just want to see what other people experinces have been.
Kay Holder
on 9/1/04 3:37 pm - Mableton, GA
I used Dr champion. I've had no problems with his office. SOme other people have problems with their Drs offices not moving smoothly, but Ive never heard that said at Dr C's. hes great. His bedside manner leaves something to be desired, but hes considered one of the best with all of his credentials. His stats are great too. 1800 surgeries, 3 deaths. One guy had a heart attack, one girl had a leak and ignored the symptoms, and one died from a blooc clot. He's had 3 leaks, and none in the past few years. Emory Dunwoody is a wonderful hospital.. the bariactrics have their own wing. He told me not to gain any weight, and I lost one pound, and he was even pleased about the pound.
Sunny D.
on 9/1/04 9:33 pm - South, GA
Dr Champion is the ultimate professional. He expects the best from his staff. I lost about 5 # before surgery. My bmi was like 51 or 52. I think once over 50 the risks are a little higher. I disagree with Kay, though he is not overly chatty, he is a caring man. It comes across in a more serious way. She is a new patient and he is somewhat hard to read....so i understand about her opinion. I am 1 year out and have lost 130 #s. From the reading i do on here, you will not hear any horror stories about Dr. Champion. I am prejudice though because my experience has been nothing but positive. I love my mother for giving me life........and I love Dr. Champion for my rebirth...He is the best! I can tell lots more but Im kinda rushed this morning. Please let know if you have any other questions.
Kay Holder
on 9/2/04 5:58 am - Mableton, GA
Nah.. he was just rude to me, and the next time I saw him he apologized without me even bringing it up. Ever since then he's been very nice and caring.
Angel Sellers
on 9/2/04 3:33 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Robin I can't say enough good things about Dr. Champion & his office. I have had a wonderful experience & I have the upmost respect for Dr. Champion. He is very much a professional & he takes his job very serious. He wanted me to lose weight prior to surgery because of my BMI and the fact that it does help shrink your liver which enables him to perform the surgery more smoothly. Like I said, he is very serious and wants to make sure his patients are serious and determined as well, so he might cancel for weight gain, I'm not sure. I lost 50 lb prior to my surgery, which he said was extremely beneficial and decreased my risks dramatically. He runs a very well oiled machine @ his office and I have always been impressed by how well it operates. The aftercare program is wonderful also, you will not feel like you are alone afterward and they offer a lot of support. Emory Dunwoody is a great facility as well. The bariatric unit is set up so well and the nurses were great. Good luck with your journey, if you go with Dr. Champion you will be in good hands. God bless. Angel 115 lb total since surgery / 165 lb total since preparing for surgery
Most Active