2 Weeks out and Worried

Mac A.
on 8/30/04 12:07 pm - Cumming, GA
I have been reading this board for two weeks or so. I am scheduled for Sept 14 with Dr. Champion. I filed my claim for Short term disability today so it hit me that I am only two weeks out. I am at the same time nervous and worried. I am not worried about the procedure I have confidence in Dr. C, his record speaks for itself. What worries me is that everyone says "follow the rules, and you'll be fine" Hell, if I could follow the rules of a diet I probably wouldn't be 360 today.... I am sure I am not the only one who ever sat here 2 weeks out and said what the $%^& am I doing... I just can't imagine being satisfied on such small portions, my whole life has been full meals. I guess I am just stressing a little. Mac RNY 9/14/2004 360 Now
Brittany D.
on 8/30/04 12:23 pm - Atlanta, Ga
I AM 2 WEEKS OUT ALSO AND MY MIND IS WORKING OVERTIME WITH THOUGHTS! DON'T FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER!! I GUESS THIS IS NORMAL... BRITT FOBI 9/13/04
Angela A.
on 8/30/04 1:00 pm - Palmetto, GA
I too was like you and LOVED to eat.....I just loved food. Still do actually. I'm 3 weeks out today and after eating my little bittie 2-3 oz of chicken salad, I'm not only satisfied....I don't want anything else to eat. yes, it's hard to imagine, but your appetite just isn't there, I find myself Making myself eat to keep up my energy. It's all going to fall into place. Good luck, it's not long now.
cbouland
on 8/30/04 3:36 pm - Conyers, GA
I have one day to go. I had that feeling two weeks ago. It will pass. I read Suan Marie Leach's book and it calmed my nerves. Being on here with my wls buddies also helps. I kept reminding myself, I am doing this for my health. I want to be healthy, and within a week the jitters went away. Now I am at the excitement stage. well the hunger stage is here to... the bowel prep is not a bad as I thought it would be. It will pass, and you will go through many emotions prior to your surgery. Keep your chinup! Post on this board, and read this board, and you will be amazed at the number of people who have gone through the same emotions. Good luck with your surgery! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Connie
Patsy G.
on 8/31/04 10:46 am - GA
Hi Connie: You will be the first thoughts in my prayers tomorrow. I pray that God will give you peace before surgery and that it be uneventful. Best wishes and God Speed. You will do just great! Patsy
Anna Marie D.
on 8/30/04 9:53 pm - Suwanee, GA
Hey Mac, Absoluteley perfectly normal fears and concerns! I too was very concerned about the small portions and being satisfied. One of the things that helped me and my family was going to dinner with a support group. Once you actually see how people eat after wls your fears will be gone. Have you attended any local groups? There is a meeting on Wednesday nights that I go to in Lawrenceville that is not to far from where you are (I live in Suwanee). They meet up for dinner before the meeting. I however don't always go to the dinner but I do make the meeting just about every time. We have about 8 to 12 people that attend regularly but at last weeks meeting we had about 25! Several new faces and some of them also belong to OH. If anyone wants more information on the meeting just email me. Family and friends are also welcome to come. Good luck in your journey!! Marie, post op 12/02/03, lap rny Dr Hart -278 lbs from highest weight (539, 11/01) -121 lbs since surgery -48 lbs as preop doing the 6 month nutritional dance -109 lbs from anemia illness (11/01) working on reconstructive surgery (thigh reduction-submitted to ins 8/11)
catherine30040
on 8/31/04 4:25 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi, neighbor! I understand how you feel. I am excited and worried too. I haven't gotten my date yet, but I have been approved. Maybe we can encourage each other along this new path? Catherine
Becky F
on 8/31/04 8:13 am - Woodstock, GA
I felt the same way Mac. I actually decided to back out AFTER my surgery was over. Morphine mixed with fear is a weird thing! My DH and I ENJOY going out to eat and love all kinds of foods. Okay, I do miss my chocolate, but I truly do feel full and satisfied now. My last big meal before surgery was lobster, cheese biscuits (at Red Lobster), salad, and a baked potato. At thirteen weeks, I had lobster again. It was heavenly! I even tried a bite of a biscuit...tasted nasty. The point is...I was satisfied and....with GOOD stuff! Life and it's pleasures still can include food, but now I am truly satisfied without stuffing myself. You're going to be a loser soon!!! If I can do it, ANYBODY can. TRULY!!! Becky
Most Active