really dont know what to do

wanda boyd
on 8/30/04 2:34 am - CARROLLTON, GA
hey yall just wanted to say i am back at bottom of the ladder i went to see Dr Hixon Aug 19th did all paper work had lab work and all the good stuff so i call this morning they tell they are moving their office to call back next week, I am thinking maybe they dont want me as a PATIANCE OF THEIRS SO I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DR WHO TAKES MEDICAID I GO FOR A HEART TEST TODAY AND LUNG IN THE MORNING THANKS WANDA
Kelle W
on 8/30/04 2:37 am - Atlanta, GA
Wanda, hang in there...I know how it is to be unhappy with your surgeon (believe me!) but it sounds like these guys might have a legitmate excuse...unless of course they've put you off like this a number of times. They told you to call back in a week....think about how long it would take you to get an appointment with another surgeon! Don't you want the surgery as soon as you can get it? Unless you really have serious reservations about Dr. Hixon you might should stick with him.....just my two cents (which probably aren't worth much since I'm looking for a new doctor myself!) Kelle postop -50 pounds
PVail
on 8/30/04 2:50 am - Warner Robins, GA
I agree with Kelle. Go ahead with your two preop tests today and tomorrow. It will probably take until next week to get the results to your surgeon. Hang in there girl...it's definately a waiting game. Once you've made up your mind to have the surgery done, waiting is the last thing you want to do but unfortunately just par for the course. I will keep you in my prayers. Phyllis
Barb in S. GA
on 8/30/04 4:03 am - Dawson, GA
Wanda, don't put yourself down, now. Go ahead with your tests, because they will count toward the surgery. Give Dr. Hixon's office another chance, and I'll bet everything will work out. All of us have run into roadblocks and know how discouraged you feel, but you're gonna make it, and there are plenty of people on this board to prove it. The great thing is you can come here not only when there's good news, but also when you're feeling down. I bet I'm not the only one sending up little prayers for you right this minute. Barb
Debbie C.
on 8/30/04 4:29 am - Carrollton, GA
Wanda sorry you are having to wait while they move but hang in there. Eveyone has to wait some during this process. It's part of the picture. I know waiting is hard and not fun but if it is just a week that's not too bad. It would take longer to find a new doctor who had a opening fairly soon. I'm sure they still want you as a patient. Good luck with your heart and lung tests. Debbie
Denise M.
on 8/30/04 6:29 am - Stone Mountain, GA
I agree with the previoius posts. Have some patience and continue your testing. I think it will all work out for you! Good Luck! Denise
Harriett H.
on 8/30/04 9:00 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hang in there you'll know if there moving in a week the'll be in a new office. I know it's hard but you have to have patience . You in my prayers. God Bless Harriett
Most Active