Surgery Cancelled....I could cry!

J. Gwevonne H.
on 8/29/04 11:47 pm - Marietta, GA
OK, I am so disappointed, I went to Pre-Op this morning and was told I needed to lose 15 to 20lbs.........Surgery scheduled on 9/8/04. Now cancelled. At first I wanted to cry, but now, I know it is for the best....I want to stay positive, I am trying hard. I guess I will call my nutritionist to get suggestions.....oh yeah, I was told NOT to starve myself. Am I going to have to wait 2/3 months now?????? I got to start back working geez! I am sorry to whine, I hope everyone else is having a better day than I am having right now. J
afbrown
on 8/30/04 1:23 am - Duluth, GA
My doc told me to lose some weight before surgery, too. However, he didn't even schedule me until I'd lost enough!! Sorry this has happened to you, but hang in there!! Ann in Duluth
PVail
on 8/30/04 2:57 am - Warner Robins, GA
First, I am sorry this happened but at least they didn't say that wouldn't do it at all. I know that is not a big encouragement but try to keep your chin up. You may want to try the Adkin's diet. This diet seems to get weight off quickly. Maybe you can drop the weight in the next couple of weeks and get rescheduled for surgery. Don't give up...you're almost there sweetie. Phyllis
Barb in S. GA
on 8/30/04 5:03 am - Dawson, GA
I am SO sorry your surgery was cancelled. Honey, I WOULD cry! There'd be flash flood warnings for South Georgia. I'm seeing Dr. Scarborough, tomorrow, and you'd better believe I'm going to ask him about this weight-loss business before surgery. I know nothing was mentioned at the seminar or the support meeting, but better to ask, I guess. Will you be at the support meeting on the 21st? I'll look forward to meeting you face to face for some more encouragement. I've heard from several people that the Atkins or South Beach Diet was the fastest way to drop pounds. Don't give up now, you've come a long, long way. Barb
Denise M.
on 8/30/04 6:43 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Well J, that SUCKS... However you have been given some great tools. Adkins or South beach have great results. Increase your water intake, drink as much as you can stand. This should help! They should not have scheduled you until you were able to get some off. Sorry this happened! Keep your head up Denise
Most Active