Average Weight Loss for 6 mths?

bridgett E.
on 8/29/04 10:47 pm - covington, ga
I know each individual is different and results vary, but what is the "average" weight loss for 6 months? Maybe a ballpark figure... thanks
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/29/04 11:02 pm
Gee...I was hoping for about 50 - 70 lbs...but I'm only 3 months PO and have lost more than that already...... I'd have NO IDEA how to guesstimate how much you can loose. It depends on your start weight and how closely you're sticking to your diet!
Kelle W
on 8/31/04 5:14 am - Atlanta, GA
Diana, my weight lose seems to have stalled. Can you tell me what you're eating? I know I have to start exercising. I'm looking into that, but in the meantime, what's your secret? Kelle
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/31/04 12:10 pm
Kelle, I have spent most of my first 4 months being sick since most food dosen't stay with me very well. I can keep down salad (yeah - imagine that!) and nachos and cheese from Taco bell. Beyond that I can eat some vegetables (Broccoli rice casserole - about 3 bites, cabbage - there I go with lettuce products again, and sweet potato casserole.) Beyond that I don't eat much. I have found that I HATE food. My relationship with food is so much differnt now than it was before surgery. Everything I loved about food I hate! Sugars are too sweet - though I tend to tolerate them well....I hate the way they taste. Salty foods get bland after a while. I can't eat chicken - which used to be my favorite thing. I am very scared to eat much else. I hate the idea of being sick. i'm loosing the weight right now because I work out at the gym 3 X a week - plus I actively coach little league cheerleading the rest of the week (3 - 4 times a week) I'm going to my doctor the end of the month and if he dosen't help me figure out ways for me to eat more food - I'm gonna scream! I also know I'm the "fattest picky eater" on the planet. I never have been big of foods that are good for you. I've always eaten junk - fast food - fried food.....and I don't like many vegetables or fruits......go figgre....LOL So - to answer your question.....what's my secret?? I refuse to throw up again - so I only eat one thing a day Dee Dee
Siddy I.
on 8/30/04 12:39 am - Savage, MN
Is there such a thing as "average"? I think it all depends on your weight/height at the time of surgery, are you following your diet, ect.... I'm 5'7 and at the time of surgery I was about 270'ish( I lost weight before surgery) and at 6 months out I was still in the low 200's. For me my weight loss came in spurts. I'd lose a lot then slow down then pick back up again. At 1 yr out I had lost down to 150. For the last 8 months I have held steady at 137 to 143 depending on the day. I wonder if there is a % that we should have lost within a certain period? Hmmm.... I need to ask my doc that one. Best of luck to you!!! Sidney
PVail
on 8/30/04 2:59 am - Warner Robins, GA
I believe I was around 85 pounds lost at that time. I am 9 months post op now and I have lost 100 pounds. I have about 60 to 70 more to go. It seems really slow to me. Hope this helps. Don't be discouraged, it will come off. Phyllis
modeanryan
on 8/30/04 8:23 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Bridgett, A lot of us have the BMI calculator on our profiles. Once you calculate your BMI, there is a "weight loss planner" if you scroll down the page. You can then fill in the percentage of the excess weight you are planning to ultimately lose. It then will tell you how much you could expect to lose per month. (Obviously, it depends on how well you stick to your food plan, etc.) I will tell you for my first month, it hit the number square on the nose... I'm not sure if I will meet the 2nd month number, but I'm well on the way! If you don't have it on your profile, here is a link to mine. Go the the bottom of my page, and it is there. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=R1060380777 Take care!! Tami
Most Active