First Timer

kwan579
on 8/29/04 2:04 am - athens, GA
Hello all, I just went to my first meeting yesterday in Athens and got my application pack worked on it last night cant wait to get it done I have bcbs insurance so I have a list of thing to do I have to find old #'s of my docs. But I have a ? What if you dont have 5-6 non consecutive months of documented weight loss in the last 1-5 years. I have 3 but the other 2 are over 5 years and the rest of my diets were on my own. Did anyone else have this problem?
modeanryan
on 8/29/04 3:36 am - Duluth, GA
HI W! Did you go to the Obesity Solutions meeting that was in Athens? That is the group I used... I used Dr. Richard and would recommend him to ANYONE. He is very thorough and very cautious and a wonderful person. Just list everything you did. The ONLY thing I had that was "documented" was my stint with Jenny Craig. I listed Weigh****chers, Jenny Craig, diets on my own, Richard Simmons Deal a Meal, Atkins, etc..etc... I also had BCBS HMO.. Just take a few minutes to REALLY think of everything you used. (I could be mistaken about the surgeons group you are using, it's just I thought I recalled a meeting in Athens yesterday..) If it IS Obesity Solutions, Connie and Jinny are awesome and you can call and ask them anything. They will always get back to you and don't mind answering questions you may think are "silly". You can ALWAYS come and ask me if you need anything as well. GOOD LUCK!! Tami Tami
kwan579
on 8/29/04 3:57 am - athens, GA
yes obesity solutions, they had one yesterday here in athens I really enjoyed it. My husband went with me and it answered all his ?s . I am looking at Dr. Procter for my surgery cause thats who my pcp told me about, but I did have a chance to speak w/ Dr. richard he seems like a great person really I would take him or Dr. procter cause I have heard nothing but great things about both. Thanks for the info Chat with you soon W
Ms.Judy
on 8/29/04 4:46 am - HOSCHTON, GA
Hi, I used Dr. Proctor and he is wonderful. He had done the surgery on my cousin 9 years ago and she lost 240 pounds and has kept it off. He did surgery on my brother in law 3 years ago and he lost 100 pounds. I personlly know about 10 people he did the surgery on and that is why I chose him. I have BCBS HMO . I had records for over 20 years of going to Weigh****chers and every other thing that has been invented to loose weight, but I didn't have anything but my doctor records for the last couple of years and it just had my weight documented . The records didn't actully say I was on a diet even though we talked about my weight every time I wen to him. Good luck, this surgery has saved my life and it's wonderful. Judy
maureenk
on 8/30/04 12:24 am - Jefferson, GA
Hiya ! I am also in the process of getting with Obesity SOlutions and Dr. Proctor. Went to his Gainesville meeting a couple of weeks ago, and mailed the packet to his office last Thursday. I did not have any of my WW records, and they said they do not keep them. I had my dr. send me a copy of my entire file, and I saw where she had written things about diet, etc on my chart. Hopefully that will be enough for me. I have BCBS PPO that is self insured through my husband's work. They say that all I need for approval is to fit the AMA defiinition of MO. Here's hoping that this works ! Going to PCP tonight to have her write a letter for me Good luck to you on your journey !
kwan579
on 8/30/04 12:52 am - athens, GA
Thanks guys for the info I will call my dr. today and get that rolling and hopefully I can get this baby mailed off. chat w/ ya soon W Williams
Most Active