No biggie to most...MILESTONE for me!

modeanryan
on 8/28/04 3:23 am - Duluth, GA
Last night was the first HOME football game, which my son's marching band performed in. In years past, just walking from the band room, across the street, down the 70 or so steps, across the track to the home bleachers, was a major feat. That that was NOTHING to CLIMBING back up the 70 or so steps, walking UP the hill, across the street and back to the band room, then to the car. 3 months ago, I would either watch from the street or I would be the first to leave to come back and STILL be the last to arrive back, by the time I stopped about 10 times to keep from passing out. Well, this year, knowing I was going to lose weight, I signed up for the Pit Crew. The pit crew are the parents that get all the xylophones, chimes, big bass drums, gongs, cymbals, etc, etc, onto the field REALLY quickly before the band begins performing in a super quick amount of time. Last night, I probably moved this body more than I have in years. I busted my butt and walked the entire trek back to the band room without ONE stop!! (Now... I was sweating and puffing and READY to stop, but I didn't) What is a leisurely stroll to most of the parents from one end of the field to the other, has always been such an ordeal for me. Last night it was not easy, but it was not the event it has been in the past. PRAISE GOD! Just wanted to share. Tami -50 lbs
James_L.
on 8/28/04 3:31 am - Warner Robins, GA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know that meant a lot to you to be able to actually participate like other parents. Much continued success!! James
modeanryan
on 8/28/04 7:57 am - Duluth, GA
James, you just hit the nail on the head. I have felt like the world's biggest and PURPLE-est (school colors) SLUG!! This is actually my 5th year with the band, as my oldest just graduated last year, and my youngest just started this year. I have been so tired of watching everyone just buzz around me, and I just sorta hang out in the car or at the top of the hill, feeling like a major outsider. Especially me! Being the social butterfly that I am .... Thanks for your well wishes. -Tami
Barb in S. GA
on 8/28/04 4:18 am - Dawson, GA
Congratulations, Mo!! What a great example of what the surgery has and will continue to do for all of us. Can't wait to follow in your footsteps......not too fast, now, I'm having a hard time keeping up. Just kidding, LOL! You go as fast as you can! Barb
modeanryan
on 8/28/04 7:55 am - Duluth, GA
Thanks Miss Barbara!! Very true, very true... I never dreamed I would feel this much better this fast. I am not really good at being a "dreamer" so it is hard for me to anticipate what is to come as far as continued success, but I am very happy with my current results! OH... and I will be HAPPY to slow down and let you catch up...I slowed so many people down for soooo long... Thanks girl! -Tami
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/28/04 5:07 am
I usually look like trying to keep up with others....so I KNOW how much of an accomplishment it is to do this!!!! Way to go Tami!!! Keep up the good work!
Harriett H.
on 8/28/04 5:21 am - Alpharetta, GA
Way to go girl keep up the good work. Next you'll be ing across the field. Harriett
modeanryan
on 8/28/04 7:52 am - Duluth, GA
Thanks Harriett!! It was great to talk to you today! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...the craziness of my world is starting to wind down a little... -Tami
modeanryan
on 8/28/04 7:53 am - Duluth, GA
HEY GIRL!! You are kicking butt!! It does feel good though, doesn't it? -Tami
freespirit
on 8/28/04 7:24 am - Hawkinsville, GA
Oh dear Tami, can I relate to your watching from the street. I'm in that position now....wanting to do more than I CAN do. I am soooo happy for you!!! I'm still waiting for my date and soon I'll walk the field with you. Or better yet, come on to south Georgia and we'll ride Annie and her buddy Blue! Robin
Most Active