Type 2-oral and insulin. How long usually till you can discontinue?

Kimberly O.
on 8/27/04 7:21 pm - Columbus,, GA
Wanting feedback about those taking Type 2 meds (oral and/or insulin), hypertension, high cholesterol meds. How long till you got to go off meds? Does Dr. Duncan do this at one of the followup appts. or is it up to your current doctor who prescribes like your endocrinologist or your primary? What do bloodsugars have to be consistently to stop taking meds? bloodpressure? Anybody have experience with this? Kimberly
Harriett H.
on 8/27/04 10:18 pm - Alpharetta, GA
I have not taken any of my type 2 meds sence surgery July 29th but my blood sugar has not been over 115 if it get to 160 or over i take insulin on a sliding scale. For my blood pressure it's been going up and down sence surgery. My advice is do as your Dr tells you to do everybody is diffrent and Dr are driffrent. Harriett
Carolyn A.
on 8/27/04 10:32 pm - Monroe, GA
Kimberly You should be followed by your primary care physician for any medical problems and regulation of medications for those problems. I was able to go off all of my meds other than Synthroid after a 50 lb weight loss. My surgeon would speak with my primary care physician after each office visit and they would discuss my treatment plan. With your blood sugar, the Dr probably wants to see the numbers between 80 and 120. Your blood pressure should be around 120/70. Each person is different, that is the reason why your primary care physician. endocrinologist, and your surgeon should all agree on your parameters and treatment plan. Hope this helps. Carolyn
Ms.Judy
on 8/28/04 1:46 am - HOSCHTON, GA
I was taking 4 diabeta pills a day and from 2 to 5 insulin shots a day , 4 pills for high blood pressure and a patch for the blood pressure. 2 antidepressants . a pill for acid reflux, soma for my back, a thyroid pill and stuff over the counter for pain. The day I had surgery I haven't had to take another pill or shot except for the thyroid pill and 1 antidepressant. I feel great !!! God bless you , Judy
Most Active