dehydration???

DeeDee_Cole
on 8/27/04 11:06 am
I have not been feeling like myself the last 24 hours...and yeah I have a LOT of personal things going on - but I'm afraid I'm starting to become dehydrated. I thought I was getting enough fluid in - but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me some of the early warning signs of dehydration?
Carolyn A.
on 8/27/04 11:12 am - Monroe, GA
Diana You will get a dry mouth, your skin will look and feel dry, your urine will be dark, you may go to the bathroom to void less than normal. You may even get a slight headache and a little nauseated. Try having sugar free popsicles, water, gatorade, or watered down juice. No caffeine. Carolyn
Amy Williams
on 8/27/04 11:13 am
Signs of Dehydration Mild: Thirst Dry lips Slightly dry mouth membranes Moderate: Very dry mouth membranes Sunken eyes Sunken fontanelle (soft spot) on infant's head. Skin doesn't bounce back quickly when lightly pinched and released. Severe: All signs of moderate dehydration Rapid, weak pulse (more than 100 at rest). Cold hands and feet Rapid breathing Blue lips Confusion, lethargy, difficult to arouse
Curious G.
on 8/27/04 11:14 am - Peachtree City, GA
Symptoms of Dehydration in Adults * Increased thirst * Dry mouth and swollen tongue * Weakness * Dizziness * Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding) * Confusion * Sluggishness, even fainting * Inability to sweat * Decreased urine output: Urine color may indicate dehydration. If urine is concentrated and deeply yellow or amber, you may be dehydrated. When to Seek Medical Care Call your doctor if the dehydrated person experiences any of the following: * Increased or constant vomiting for more than a day * Fever over 101°F * Diarrhea for more than 2 days * Weight loss (i don't think this one applies to us) * Decreased urine production * Confusion * Weakness Take the person to the hospital's emergency department if these situations occur: * Fever higher than 103°F * Confusion * Lethargy * Headache * Seizures * Difficulty breathing * Chest or abdominal pains * Fainting * No urine in the last 12 hours I got this off of http://www.emedicinehealth.com
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/27/04 12:19 pm
Okay - according to these posts I don't think it's Dehydration.....I've had slight dizziness....but that is the only symptom I've had. I know there are colds going around the schools....and my sister and her kids have all gotten them in the last week. I'm thinking this is what's happeneing so I'm going to go see my PCP on Monday! Thanks guys....I was afraid if it were more serious that I'd need to go to the hospital. (((((((((You're always there....I Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))
Amy Williams
on 8/28/04 9:13 am
Diana, I get dizziness sometimes too. I asked my surgeon about this and he said it's our equalibreum (sp?) that is trying to catch up with our bodies. That might be all it is. Amy
OHAngel2006
on 8/28/04 4:49 am - GA
I am very glad you posted this. I actually have a couple of the symptoms and wasn't sure what it was... I'm increasing my fluids and eating some sf popsicles!!
Most Active