Amy Williams!!

DebbieJ
on 8/26/04 8:42 pm - Atlanta area, GA
Amy, I finally saw your story on MTV. All I can say is, thank you. Thank you for having the courage to tell "our" story. The story of every overweight person. Debbie J Duncan patient 01-14-02 lap-rny 01-15-02 leak repair surgery (non-smoker, non-steroid taker) 01-29-02 surgery to see if I had another leak.....NO, thank goodness SEVERE COMPLICATIONS 45 days in ICU, 33 days kept alive via ventilator 30 days in a rehab hospital, had to learn to walk again Now, one happy girl..............LUCKY to be alive
Harriett H.
on 8/27/04 12:55 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hi Debbie you sound like me i had severe complications. These are my Daughters words because I don't remember any of it. When the dr. went in to do the surgery and he found she did not have very much of her colon. and here small intestines and stomuch were squshed together like a loaf of bread that had been sat on. so he had to repair all of that before he could even start on the gastric bypass surgery.so a 2 to 2 1/2 hour surgery went into almost 6 hours.and things were fine that day but during the night into the next morning things went from bad to worse. they thought she had internal bleeding so they had to go back into surgery and from there she had to go on a ventilator and in a smi-coma from that friday till the day the got the ventilator out. they had a very hard time because her carbon minoxide level kept going way to high to get it turned off.She had to have 2 paints of blood. needless to say for that whole weekend we where hanging by threads. not knowing what was going to happen. Momma was really hovering between life and death and the only reason she is here today is from all the prayers. Her bloodpressure was going up and down i mean way down and her heart rate was going from 40 to 80 and her kidneys had shut down almost totaly that friday but a little at a time they started back working.which i believe is one reason they finaly got her swelling down and got her off the ventilator. So she doesnt remember anythind from that week which is good. even thou she was communicating with us she just doesnt remember it. so i think that is a blessing. Now it 30th days later and i'm getting better every day and stronger too hopeing when I go back to the Dr Mon i want haft to have a baby sitter 24 hrs a day anymore. God Bless Harriett
Amy Williams
on 8/27/04 2:49 am
Thanks Debbie
lisasolis
on 8/28/04 6:20 am - Rincon, GA
I know this is off track but you look soooooooo wonderful in your new picture. I hope everything is going well for you. Lisa in Richmond Hill, Ga.
Amy Williams
on 8/28/04 9:11 am
Thanks Lisa!
Most Active