Help!! Would you recommend your surgeon??

Baby G.
on 8/26/04 10:45 am - GA
I have to say this is awesome all the responses. Michelle, thank you for your recommendation I will look him up under Aetna in network doctors. Again, thank you!!
Melissa H.
on 8/26/04 10:54 am
VSG on 04/08/15
I haven't had my surgery yet, but I'm scheduled 10/18... I can say that so far my surgeon, J. Ryland Scott, has been wonderful. His staff and everyone has been helpful beyond my expectations. He is in Rome, GA Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/04 11:27 am - Warner Robins, GA
I used Dr Duncan and would highly recommend him Tonya
Baby G.
on 8/26/04 12:10 pm - GA
Thank you for the recommendation. Dr. Duncan seems to be the only doctor I can find in the Aetna network.
Carolyn A.
on 8/26/04 12:20 pm - Monroe, GA
Marsha I used Dr. Mark Benak in Monroe. Monroe is about an hour from Roswell. Dr. Benak is excellent and has done many RNYs. The average length of stay for his opens is 3 to 4 days. If he is in your network and you want his phone number let me know. He did my surgery on 5/18/04 and I have lost 72 lbs as of this week. Carolyn
bridgett E.
on 8/26/04 8:57 pm - covington, ga
I used Dr. Titus Duncan at Peachtree Bariatrics. The hospital was Atlanta Medical Center. I would highly recommend both. My experience was one of top care and the highest level of education both pre and post op about the total procedure and all aspects of my healthcare.
Denise M.
on 8/26/04 10:02 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
Marsha, I have Dr Sydney Appel/Dr. Scott Steinburg. They are located at DeKalb Medical. Dr. Appel has been in this business over 25 years. I paid for a report on him. 1. Never been sued and been a doctor for over 40 years 2. never had a death 3. Board certified Dr. Stenburg does all the laproscopic procedures. I would give my firstborn to him, I am tht confident in him. The staff and their follow-up bedside manner is excellent. I could not have asked for a better set of Doctors. Much Denise
Michelle J.
on 8/26/04 10:54 pm - Savannah, GA
I used Dr. Duncan as well. I would highly recommend him and his staff. I had surgery 3-29-04 , im down 80lbs and have had no complications.
DebbieJ
on 8/27/04 1:37 am - Atlanta area, GA
I would recommend you check out Dr. John Daly or Dr. Christopher Hart. Debbie J Duncan patient 01-14-02 lap-rny 01-15-02 leak repair surgery (non-smoker, non-steroid taker) 01-29-02 surgery to see if I had another leak, NO..Thank Goodness! SEVERE COMPLICATIONS!!! 45 days in ICU, 33 kept alive via a ventilator 30 days in a rehab hospital, had to learn to walk all over again Now, one happy girl........LUCKY to be alive!
LittleLifsey
on 8/27/04 5:33 am - Jacksonville, FL
I just had surgery Monday and after seeing my surgeons bed side manner I would recommend him to my mother!!!!! Dr. Hixon. If you have a list of what your looking for email me and I will be glad to answer. Here was my I did choose the right Dr thought. After taking the day before prep and found out at the wrong time tha the myocin antibodics make me throw up my toes, my husband called Dr Hixon on his pager. He called back within 5 minutes and it was 4 am!!! he made arrangements for us to leave and drive up to ATL a 2 hour journey for the most part and he would tell the admission nurses what to do. When he saw me before surgery he held my hand and sat on the bed. How many Drs take the time to do that anymore. lynn
Most Active