I'm back...........

LittleLifsey
on 8/26/04 7:24 am - Jacksonville, FL
Got home this afternoon. Brian has been wonderful. I have read his postings and don't disagree with much!lol Sunday as I did the prep, no big deal until I had to take the myocins antibodics. Well know we know I am allergic to them. I attempted to throw up my toes!... Brian called Dr. Hixon at 4am on Mon to tell him I had to have help. He told us to come on and he would make arrangements. We did and he did. By the time we got there a nurse started an IV and gave me meds to help ease with the nausea. Surgery went as Dr. Hixon called by the textbook. I came out of anthesia in tremodous pain. IT took 38 ml of morphine for me not to want to die at that moment. But due to that and all the dehydration I earned a one way ticket to ICU in the recovery overflow. For those of you who can relate aggghhhh, for those of you who can't the picture is like this. On one side of the curtain is an elder lady who pulls out her IV's and folley cathedar and screams profanity at the nurses, on the other side is a lady that dream talks, they can't get blood from her veins, 6 times it took, hearing her scream, then she would dose off, she even got a puppy in her sleep at one point. Needless to say I begged to get the NG tube out and the foley. Which occured but a room was not availanle. Let me tell you I tried about 5 different way to pee in a bed pan, couldn't do it. I asked it I could walk around and they said yes. My busband helped me walk to a bathroom! The minute I made contact with the porclein goddess I pee'd relief. I was tranfered to a room that evening. Amazed at how many times they have to stick you to give you meds and take blood!!!! They took out my foley which left the 150ml of fluid running into my veins every hour only one way to come out! by me up almost every hour praying I would make it in time. then came xray. gotta love drinking that stuff! had flash backs og prep night all over..... Wed again xray and walking. lost the morphine pump which was when I got very uncomfortable. Soreness and some pain. I have made it since wed at midnight w/o pain med until this afternoon 1tbls of loritab only to help the soriness. I took a long hot shower and look forward to sleep tonight in my own bed. thanks 4 the prayers and well wishes. lynn
James_L.
on 8/26/04 8:18 am - Warner Robins, GA
First off, let me say that I'm truly happy that things went well enough that you'were able to come home. Best wishes on your new journey!! I'm currently waiting for my packet to be sent to insurance, it's been a long road, or so it seems. Hopefully, I'll make it enventually. Sorry about the reaction to the antibiotics, can't say I've ever almost thrown up my toes, but imagine that's a bad sick. UGH!! Don't even want to think about a cath, oooohhh....(as a chill goes up my back). I'm convinced that whomever invented some medical products was a truly demented if not sadistic individual! LOL I wish you much success. James Lamb (WR, Ga)
Barb in S. GA
on 8/26/04 8:27 am - Dawson, GA
Lynn, I'm so glad you're home and doing better. Thanks for giving all the particulars. I didn't even know that they gave you antibiotics before the surgery. Didn't know about the catheter, either. I hope by the time I have my surgery I have some idea of what to expect. Seems like I learn something from every post. I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Hope you continue to get along well. Barb
wanda boyd
on 8/26/04 9:16 am - CARROLLTON, GA
Hey Lynn, Glad your home ad doing ok , you have a wonderful DH for lettin everybody know u was ok, I just want to say that Dr Hixon is my Dr too i wish you email me and let me know what to expect when i have my surgery in Sept my ADDY IS [email protected] would love to talk with you ,, thanks wanda
Brittany D.
on 8/26/04 1:01 pm - Atlanta, Ga
I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE MADE IT THROUGH THE SURGERY AND IS NOW AT HOME! WE HAVE TO THANK OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR! MY DR IS ALSO DR. HIXON AND MY SURGERY IS IN SEPT. I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU EXPLAINED WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE AND AFTER THE CROSSOVER. NOW I KND OF KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS YOU CONTINUE TO GET BETTER. ONE QUESTION THOUGH...HOW WAS ATL. MEDICAL?..HOW WERE THE NURSES AND WERE YOU IN A ROOM WITH ANOTHER BYPASS PATIENT?..I GUESS THAT WAS 3 QUESTIONS.. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU CAN. THANKS, BRITT
Most Active