RELOCATING TO ATL NEED SOME ASSISTANCE

lisayward
on 8/25/04 8:19 pm - PLANO, TX
GOOD MORNING ALL, I WILL BE RELOCATING TO THE AREA IN OCTOBER, I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS, HAVE ANY OF YOU FOUND IT HARD TO LAND A JOB THERE BECAUSE OF YOUR WEIGHT. I LIVE IN TEXAS AND I HAVE NOT NOT WORK IN OVER A YEAR, AND I AM A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS FOR JOBS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THEM. I AM A MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CNA, AND PHLEBOTOMIST. MY SECOND QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE BEEN APPROVED BY MEDICAID, AND IF SO WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS, THE PROCESS, AND WHAT SURGEON DID YOU USE. I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. THANKS
modeanryan
on 8/25/04 8:29 pm - Duluth, GA
Lisa, I am not in the same field as you, so I am uncertain as to the availability of jobs, nor do I know the requirements of Medicaid. However, what I DO know is that we will be happy to WELCOME you to Georgia!! Do you know what area of town you will be living when you get here? -Tami
Harriett H.
on 8/26/04 12:29 am - Alpharetta, GA
First off welcome to our area. Dr Bruse Case is my Dr I would not change foe anything he is one of the most careing Dr i ever seen and i have seen alot I have 6 Dr i haft to see every 3to6mo depens which one and for what i'm seeing them for I have a lot of health problmes.Things happen that are beyond even a Dr control. But for my money it's Dr Case all the way. Wishing yo well on your jounery. God Bless Harriett
lisayward
on 8/26/04 1:02 am - PLANO, TX
HI TAMI, THANKS FOR REPLYING. I WILL BE LIVING IN THE EAST COBB AREA.
Karel J.
on 8/25/04 8:41 pm - GA
Hi Lisa, I do believe the job positions you asked about are available. Each time I look through the classifieds or even hospital employment web pages I always see one or more of your positions available. My doctor does take Medicaid and he's wonderful. He's not well known on the board but he's tops in my book. His name is Dr. O. Bruce Case and you can call him at 404-257-0644. He's located at Northside (north side of Atlanta at I-285 and Ga. 400) and I have no doubt you would be pleased with him. You would have to go for a consultation then do all your required tests. My route with Dr. Case was different because I switched to him after being with another doctor. So I can't tell you for sure what all you'll have to do to be approved. But I just know you wouldn't be disappointed. Good luck! Karel
Miesha M.
on 8/25/04 10:47 pm - Atlanta, GA
Good Morning It will not be hard at all to find a job... My Aunty used Dr.Case because she has medicaid she came home for 1 week had leakage have been in the hospital for over 4 weeks and has went through 4 more surgeries... pray and ask GOD where he wants you to go!!! May GOD continue to guide you on your journey!
lisayward
on 8/26/04 1:06 am - PLANO, TX
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MEDICAID TO APPROVE AND WHAT DO THEY REQUIRE
Miesha M.
on 8/26/04 1:12 am - Atlanta, GA
It did not take her very long maybe two -3 months, My doctor name is Dr. John Scarborough he as well takes medicaid...I had BCBS insurance and I seen him on december 17 by the third week in january I was approved and my surgery was feb 16 I have lost 94lbs in 6 months
Debbie C.
on 8/26/04 1:25 am - Carrollton, GA
Hi Lisa, First - Welcome to Georgia!!! - I met a girl in our support group last night that is using a Dr. Hixson and she has Medicaid. I don't remember his first name and I don't know anything about this doctor. Good luck with the move and whatever you decide to do with WLS. Debbie
afbrown
on 8/26/04 1:45 am - Duluth, GA
Welcome to Georgia!! I've been looking for a job for a while now (but I'm in a different field). Try the AJCJOBS.COM website. You can narrow the search to Cobb County and to the medical field. There are ALWAYS openings for those types of positions. Right now, I don't think my problem is my size - I'm not getting many in-face interviews. But, I've gotten two different positions here while obese, so I don't think it will necessarily be a problem for you. Good luck!! Ann in Duluth (that's Gwinnett county - other side of Atlanta from Cobb county)
Most Active