Lynn's Latest

LittleLifsey
on 8/25/04 1:00 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Lynn is still doing well. She may tell a different story, but I will let her share all the itimate details! She has been up and around today and is very sore. I think the open type is a little more uncomfortable than the lapro. Anyway, they did a upper gi today, abosolutely no leaks, which is great news but she had a little pneumonia. Dr. Hixon came today while I was there and said her procedure was textbook. He will release her tomorrow. I think attitude and commitment is everything with this life altering procedure. She started with some fluids today, she was npo a day longer due to a radiology error. (just a hint, she got nausious after trying the "mix your own" chicken broth) After a dose of Zofran and a short nap, she was much better. Maybe she will post tomorrow evening personally to you guys, we will she how she feels after the ride home. B.
Brittany D.
on 8/25/04 1:07 pm - Atlanta, Ga
LET US GIVE ALL THE PRAISE TO GOD ALMIGHTY FOR BRINGING HER THROUGH! I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT SHE IS DOING GOOD. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY THAT SHE GETS BETTER AS EACH DAY GOES BY. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED. (GOOD TO HEAR DR. HIXON IS UP ON THINGS..HE IS MY DR. ALSO.)
modeanryan
on 8/25/04 8:37 pm - Duluth, GA
Thanks for the update. I had open as well, (along WITH the lap) and the incision absolutely hurt more than all the lap ports. She sounds like she is doing well. We look forward to "seeing" her back on the board! Please give her our best, and lots of hugs (easy though).... -Tami
Most Active