Downside to WLS

DebbieJ
on 8/25/04 7:08 am - Atlanta area, GA
Just thought I would share that an unexpected downside to WLS fell into my lap last night. My husband of almost 25 years, informed me last night that he has made reservations for our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii. You may be asking yourself, "where is the downside?" Well, our tow previous trips to Hawaii we have flown first class. This time, and I quote my husband, "your not fat anymore, you can fly coach!" So you see, there is a downside to WLS. By losing 150 pounds, I also lost my first class seat!! Debbie J Duncan patient 01-14-02 lap-rny 01-15-02 leak repair surgery (non-smoker, non-steroid taker) 01-29-02 surgery to see if I had another leak, NO....Thank goodness!! SEVERE COMPLICATIONS!! 45 days in ICU, 33 days spent on a ventilator 30 days in a rehab hospital, had to learn to walk again Now, one happy girl.........LUCKY to be alive!!
Becky F
on 8/25/04 7:27 am - Woodstock, GA
That's my kind of "downside." Awesome, Debbie! Congratulations! Becky
Patima
on 8/25/04 7:31 am - GA
So you pay for a drink or two.....you can't eat the food anyway....... and that's more money for SHOPPING! Congratulations on both the anniversary and the weight loss. Am sure you will have a great trip!!! Patti
modeanryan
on 8/25/04 11:21 am - Duluth, GA
Well, TWIST YOUR ARM and MAKE you sit in coach on the way to Hawaii! Congrats Miss Debbie!! You enjoy that coach seat, and be sure and pull that "non-extended" seat belt tight!! Oh..and when you pull your food tray ALLLL the way down, be sure to enjoy and extra pack of pretzels! Have a FABULOUS time!
Amy Williams
on 8/25/04 11:40 am
You go girl!
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/04 12:24 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Sounds like a tough job...but someone's got to do it! I hope you ahve a wonderful time!
tks912
on 8/25/04 7:48 pm - DUNWOODY, GA
Tina N
DebbieJ
on 8/25/04 8:25 pm - Atlanta area, GA
Thank you all, I plan to have a great time, even if I must ride in the back of the plane This will be our first time going to Hawaii.........alone The first trip we took all three kids, the second trip we took my Aunt and Uncle. It will be odd going with just the two of us, but I think we will have a good time. I just need to keep reminding myself, the back of the plane gets there at the same time the front of the plane does First class, Coach.......who cares, I still get to go!!! Debbie
Denise M.
on 8/26/04 3:47 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Girl hilarious Enjoy that vacation! Much Denise
Leigh A.
on 8/26/04 5:05 am - Atlanta, GA
with all you've gone through, he ought to fly you there on a private jet.
Most Active