Smoking postponed surgery!

Sonya J.
on 8/24/04 1:12 pm - Southeast, GA
Well, I messed up! It seems that my surgeon requires all patients who smoke to be smoke-free for at least 2 months. When did I quit?....The same day I was approved. They set a date for Sept. 14 (my second surgery date) but had to cancel due to my smoking. Damn it!!! I wished they had told me this sooner. I looked at their website and they required only only one month. Besides, I really don't have to smoke. Now look what it's cost me. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait. This process is so emotionally draining. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me keep my surgery date? Sonya
Ginger L.
on 8/24/04 11:55 pm - Woodstock, GA
Sorry to hear about your delay! Hang in there everything will all work out!! You know we're never sure why these things happen but Waiting may be for the best! Im in a holding pattern myself so I can relate. Hope they didnt postpone it too long.. I know waiting on something you want so badly can be such a hard thing to do. Keep your head up!! Ginger
Debbie C.
on 8/25/04 3:22 am - Carrollton, GA
Sonya I'm sorry you got postponed and no one told you you had to be smoke free for 2 months. The silver lining is your going to have your surgery soon! Plus you'll be smoke free! Two good things. Hang in there I know waiting is hard. I've been waiting since last November (I was on different plan had to switch in July) when I found out our insurance would approve WLS if medically necessary. Good luck when you have surgery Debbie
Most Active