JUICE PLUS?

jlinwood
on 8/24/04 6:00 am - UNION CITY, GA
I am a pre op patient of Dr. Duncan. Has anyone used the product Juice Plus that he recommends? Also does anyone workout at the Atlanta Medical Wellness Center? I just signed up today. After that message from the disgruntled former Dr. Duncan patient, I can use all the encouragement I can get. Also does anyone know when the next support meeting will be for pre-ops.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/04 6:35 am - Warner Robins, GA
I take an anti-oxi. similar to Juiceplus. I feel good. Better than before surgery. I don't know if it's directly attributed to it or not but I wanted it for the free-radical and cancer fighting agents. As for the former patient....James there are good and bad stories out there about every Dr. I know it's discouraging when such a story pops up. I felt the same way pre-op. All you can do is be comfortable with all of Dr. Duncan's successes and trust that the Lord is leading you in this journey. Hugs, Tonya
OHAngel2006
on 8/24/04 7:24 am - GA
WHat exactly do you take?
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/04 11:37 am - Warner Robins, GA
I take Isotonix OPC-3 and Isotonix Maximum ORAC Formula. I don't know how good they are but I have seen Fruits & Veggies at the health food store.
Rhonda-C.
on 8/24/04 7:22 am - Newnan, GA
yes I use Juice Plus... I sell it and I have used it for 2 years. I know a lot of people who use it for it's antioxidant value... others use it for pre-op to any surgery. I know a woman who's husband has brain cancer. He was sent home to die 6 years ago and he started taking juice plus. He is doing well still 6 years later. He is active and seems healthy... you would never know he has cancer! I truely believe that they work wonders for the body. The reccomended daily allowance for fruits and veggies is 5 servings and experts say that we really should be getting 9 servings after all the chemical destruction of vital nutrients. If your body is going through stress (i.e. surgery) it should be twice that. I could never get in 9 servings of fruits and veggies even if that was the only thing I ate. Taking Juice Plus is like getting 17 fruits and 17 veggies daily. It is an awesome product that I believe in... I would reccomend it for anyone who is sick or planing to undergo surgery... My whole family and most of my friends are on it for anti-oxidant value to prevent cancer and other diseases and they all tell me they have more energy and feel very good. Not trying to sell it to you, but It is a great product and I am glad Dr. Duncan reccomends it... it says a lot about his understanding of nutrition and not just his wonderful knowledge of medicine. Juice plus is expensive, but when you think about how much money it would cost to eat that many veggies a day, it is way less. Good luck to you and bear in mind, everyone has a story about their surgery and not all are good ones but I know 6 of Dr. Duncans patient's that I am very close to and every single one of them had great things to say about their whole experience from pre-op to 3 yrs. down the road. Read other's stories too... that was just one person and look at her end results... she still lost over 112 lbs. and is doing well now. I am pre-op too so I'm scared, but I know this is the right thing for me, and I trust P'tree bariatrics.
hotlistic
on 8/25/04 3:02 am - Atlanta, GA
Please let me know how I can get a hold of this juice plus email me [email protected] Thanks Kesha surgery date 09*13*04
kiwani
on 8/24/04 8:14 am - columbus, ga
James, I am a very satisfied dr. duncan patient... and I use juice plus, I started pre op and could tell a big difference with it, first time I have ever felt that way with a vitamin... I love them... two fruits in the morning and two veggies at night...
Becky F
on 8/24/04 8:45 am - Woodstock, GA
James, I don't take Juice Plus. You can get similar products for less, and I am always looking for ways to save money. Sorry, Dr. Duncan! On a side note, I LOVE Dr. Duncan and his team. Dr. Hobson performed my surgery. They TRULY know their stuff. IMHO, I personally think that the Lord sent me to this practice. Becky
Lisa D.
on 8/24/04 1:35 pm - Manitou, KY
James, I did not mean to discourage you in your decision. I only wanted to help make people more aware. You have to be able to make a conscious informed decision about your own health care and if you only have half the information, you are only able to make half a decision. Nobody can truly advise anyone on who or who not to use. This is a very personal decision for each and every individual to make. I wish you the best of luck in whoever you choose. Best Regards, Lisa
jlinwood
on 8/24/04 8:23 pm - UNION CITY, GA
Lisa, Thank you for being honest about your experience. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me whether or not to go foward with the surgery. But this is something that I have to do. I've heard so many positive and negative things about other doctors. The issue for me is not the surgeon; it is whether or not to have the surgery. I'm very concerned about possible complications. Like you and many others, so many people depend on me. However, the one thing that stays with me in your posting is that even with the complications you would do the surgery again in a heart beat. And there are more complications with obesity. So thank you for your honesty. Pray for me as I stay on this walk of faith.
Most Active