Hard Lumps aka Anchors

Denise M.
on 8/24/04 2:40 am - Stone Mountain, GA
ok Folks, Under ea*****ision (for us Lap folks). I have these lumps that feel like hard knots! I asked my What in the is this? My tells me "Those are anchors. They keept the incisions from tearing when they are working on you and stuff. They disappear after a few months" "Wow" I say....because last night one of them moved and I thought I had pulled something out of place. My then says, "The one under your left breast is the one that hurts, right?" I'm like Good Lord is she psychic???????? She tells me that "they did most of the work through that one." Which would explain why it HURTS so bad..... So I thought- I would and share this because in ALL my reading and ALL my research, I NEVER heard of this. And now I don't think I am anymore! Once again the older post-ops and of course my Denise
cathy M.
on 8/24/04 5:01 am - hiram, GA
Denise, I just wanted to let you know that through your posts, you seem to have a very good sense of humor. I hope that you are getting better each and every day. I myself didn't have the Lap RNY, my surgeon at the time in Ohio only did it the old fashioned way, so know I have a wonderful 10 inch scar right down the middle of my torso. Hopefully, a tummy tuck will take most of it away! Reading your posts and some of the other posts from people that have just had the surgery really bring me back.(I will be 2 years post op on 10/22/04)Sometimes it is hard to remember all that pain that you go through( keep that in mind) Anyway, I really just wanted to say that I hope you continue to get better everyday! HAPPY RECOVERY!!! Cathy
Denise M.
on 8/24/04 8:52 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Thanks Cathy! Gotta Laugh if not you would over all the strangeness that happens to you you know? Denise
Sherry_Berry
on 8/24/04 5:25 am - Dacula, GA
I never knew about anchors...I had lap with the same surgeon and no lumps...are you sure your scars are not keloided? Sherry
Denise M.
on 8/24/04 8:54 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hi Sherry! Since I just had the surgery- Nope sorry no Keloids. I am finding now that Laps are done differently.... Some folks end up with these anchors. You can physically feel them under the incision. Apparently they go away with time. I thought my intestines were hardening or something Denise
Sherry_Berry
on 8/24/04 9:29 am - Dacula, GA
I see Steinberg for my 10 month appt on October 1st I think...never heard of it...but you know how science can change in the blink of an eye...I will ask him about it. I am also curious on how much intestine was bypassed. He seems to think that the amount bypassed really doesn't affect your weight loss too much one way or the other. Since I am a music teacher I have many songs about sailors and anchors...some of which I will get fired for if I teach my kids Big Hugs! Sherry
Denise M.
on 8/24/04 9:36 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
As in Scott Steinburg? Thats my Doctor! I go see him this afternoon and I am going to talk to him about this. Its my first visit since surgery. Yeah Sherry don't want to see you on the 5 o'clock news. "Teacher accused of teaching kids Sailor Songs that would shock a Sailor" Talk to you soon Denise
Sherry_Berry
on 8/25/04 2:29 am - Dacula, GA
We've met before... I am Sherry on the other site and the support group meeting that you and your hubby went to last month...I was the one who cleared off all the tables because they left the place a mess that day...if you can remember that far back. Go to the photos section on the yahoo site and you might remember who I am...hope your appt went well!!!! You are doing great! Sherry
Denise M.
on 8/26/04 3:35 am - Stone Mountain, GA
I tried to send you an email but it did not give me that option. I know I am old but not THAT old My memory can go back a month I know exactly who you are when you said "cleaned up the mess"! Howdy- sorry about that... Talked with Steinburg yesterday and he said he does not use anchors. Some doc's do but he does not. This is scar tissue etc which hopefully will go away in a few months. Denise
Most Active