TEENS AND WLS/UPDATE

Brittany D.
on 8/24/04 12:46 am - Atlanta, Ga
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I'M ABOUT TO CROSS THAT THIN LINE IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS! I AM COUNTING THE DAYS. I WANT TO PACK MY HOSPITAL BAG RIGHT NOW, BUT I KNOW IT IS TOO SOON THIS HAS BEEN A LONG STRUGGLE, BUT I GUESS MY MOM IS RIGHT WHEN SHE TELLS ME, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS PUT YOUR TRUST IN THE LORD BECAUSE HE WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN ... MOTHER KNOWS BEST ... I WOULD LIKE TO ASK, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO TO PRE ADMISSIONS?
Karel J.
on 8/24/04 6:04 am - GA
Brittany, I'm soooooooooo excited for you! God is in control so continue keeping your faith in Him! When you go to pre-admissions, it's basically verifying that you are who you say you are. I don't remember much about mine other than being asked tons of questions about my health and having a blood sample taken. After my blood was taken, I had to wear a plastic bracelet until my surgery. This appointment will also be your grand opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your stay in the hospital. As far as packing goes, you really won't need much. I wore home what I wore to the hospital. Just be sure you're comfortable. All I took were magazines (which I never got to), toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, chapstick, panties, socks and slippers. Also take things for whatever other personal needs you may have. You might want to take a robe but don't bother buying one if you don't have one. It'll soon be too big! Just remembered...take your own pillow which will also be helpful for your ride home. I can't wait to read about you post-op!! I'm continuing to pray that all will go well and uneventful for you. What are you going to do for your 'last meal'? Take care!
Brittany D.
on 8/24/04 12:04 pm - Atlanta, Ga
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO! I WILL DEFINTELY KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON EVERYTHING. THIS IS SUCH A GREAT WEBSITE FOR ME. IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS PART OF ONE BIG FAMILY! MY FAMILY..MOM, AUNTIE, GRANDMA, AND GRANNY..WILL BE TAKING ME OUT TO DINNER ON THE SUNDAY BEFORE MY SURGERY FOR DINNER. THEY HAVEN'T TOLD ME WHERE YET AND I TOLD THEM THAT'S OK AND TO LET IT BE A SURPRISE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR All YOUR PRAYERS.
modeanryan
on 8/24/04 1:34 pm - Duluth, GA
Congrats to you Brittany! I am very excited for you.. How fortunate for you that you get to have your "do-over" in life at such a young age... If I were to have one regret regarding this surgery, it's that I didn't give it a run sooner! (Although I know everything is in God's time...not my own) Best wishes to you!! -Tami
Brittany D.
on 8/25/04 1:40 am - Atlanta, Ga
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT THIS ABOUT TRYING TO LOOK GOOD AND I HAVE TO REMIND THEM THAT I AM DOING THIS TO SAVE MY LIFE. PEOPLE JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THE RISK OF DEATH IS GREATER IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS SURGERY. THE PUBLIC IS SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH OBESITY. BUT THANKS TO OBESITYHELP.COM....DO I NEED SAY MORE! TALK TO YA LATER..LUV YOU
Most Active