I'M APPROVED!!!!!!!

Sonya J.
on 8/23/04 12:44 pm - Southeast, GA
About two weeks ago I was informed that my initial request for approval for WLS was denied due to insufficiant medical clearance. After getting this news (just as I arrived back from a cruise to the Bahamas), I went to my PCP to get a more detailed letter of medical clearance which was faxed to insurance on the same day. Well, I called my insurance company today as I do each day (as advised from this wonderful site) to see if I had been approved for WLS. The customer service rep stated that I had been denied on 8/20. Well, this totally sucked! In my anger and frustration, I left my job to go to the privacy of my own home to curse out some poor soul at the insurance company that answered my call in Utilization Mgmt. However, this rep. stopped me dead in my tracks by informing me that I had been approved on 8/20. She gave me the name of the MD that approved it and the authorization number. I was just sitting on the phone completely dumbfounded. Needless to say, the rep from UM told me not to listen to the people at customer service. I'm excited and scared of what is to come. I've seen others post their approvals and have been so envious. Now it's my time to post...... I'M APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sonya
KerriGLPN
on 8/23/04 1:31 pm - 'Tifton, GA
Sonya, I m so happy for you! I know thats a lot off of your back of the waiting deal. Have they given you a date yet? Hopefully it will be soon! Please keep us posted and keep up the GREAT wor****rri
cbouland
on 8/23/04 8:26 pm - Conyers, GA
Congrats!!! Doesn't it feel great? It is all down hill from here. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted on your success. Connie
freespirit
on 8/23/04 9:20 pm - Hawkinsville, GA
Congrats girl!!! I found out I was approved yesterday. Isn't it a GREAT feeling. Good luck in your journey! Robin
OHAngel2006
on 8/23/04 10:13 pm - GA
Congratulations! and strap on your seatbelt... things begin to happen quickly at this point. You will be moving to the loosing side in no time.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/04 12:30 am - Warner Robins, GA
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!
Kelle W
on 8/24/04 2:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Congrats to you! Prepare for the adventure of a lifetime! Kelle
hollyhobby
on 8/24/04 12:15 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will be re-approved soon too! Good luck and God Bless. Holly
Most Active