Pre Po weight loss... help!

Rhonda-C.
on 8/23/04 4:05 am - Newnan, GA
My Dr. wants me to lose 15 - 20 lbs. I can't do it... I've been trying but I am starving all the time... Anyone know of a good diet to drop a few quick pounds. Crazy question since I have tried my whole life to diet, I should know them all... but need a quick one that isn't too expensive. My file went to insurance last week and I hope to get approved very soon so I need to drop a few ugly lbs. quick. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Rhonda
Jean C.
on 8/23/04 6:33 am - Tifton, GA
I had to lose weight before my surgery also. I ate around 1200-1500 calories and one of the keys was to combine protein with carbohydrates. It helped to reduce the food cravings and hunger pains. I also went to Weigh****chers for 3 months for the moral support and to keep me on track. Good luck on your journey, Jean
cbouland
on 8/23/04 6:50 am - Conyers, GA
Look into The South Beach Diet. It allows you carbs, good carbs, and does not make you starve. Arthur Agatston wrote the book. You can find in online or at any bookstore. Connie
OHAngel2006
on 8/23/04 11:19 am - GA
I did it by drinking protein shakes for meal replacement once or twice a day.
Rhonda-C.
on 8/23/04 10:18 pm - Newnan, GA
Thanks so much to all of you for your suggestions. It helps knowing someone else has been through this. I am going to re-evaluate all my food choices today and decide what to do. I am still exercising (walking on the treadmill) and drinking lots of water. I have found that the Juice Plus helps with cravings too. I can't say I am "starting" a diet tomorrow, because I have been dieting all along... I just haven't lost but 3 lbs. I just hope I can jump start the losing. I think I will have to replace 2 meals with shakes just to cut the calories. Then eat a low carb. dinner. Thanks to you all for your suggestions... I'll start now... not tomorrow, I have some protein powder in the pantry now!
Angel Sellers
on 8/24/04 3:25 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Rhonda My surgeon wanted me to lose weight pre-op as well because it helps shrink the liver in turn making surgery a little easier. I was so worried Everyone is different of course, but for me the Atkin's diet worked. He wanted me to try for 30 lb, I shocked myself & managed 50 by my surgery date! I followed the induction phase mostly (not good long term) but I also modified it a little by sticking to the lower fat choices as well & not loading up on a lot of red meat & bacon. I had days where I didn't think I was going to make it, but I found some of the low carb/sugar free snacks really helped if I got a craving @ times and was able to manage thru it. It sounds like you have the other part going for you already (plenty of H2O & exercise). It has been a transition because I was a carb junkie before, but one thing I found is that once I broke that initial habit I could tell that carbs were my trigger food, which made me eat more & more in the long run. Well, whatever route you choose I am sure you can do it, just focus on the goal and before you know it you will be on the other side. Best wishes & God Bless Angel 112 lb since surgery / 162 lb total (since preparing for surgery)
Most Active