I'm doin' alright

Sheila M.
on 8/22/04 11:28 am - Athens, GA
Holly, Can I have your email address? I would like to send you something. Sheila
hollyhobby
on 8/22/04 11:49 am - Jonesboro, GA
nonamedamet
on 8/22/04 11:58 am - GA
God Bless you Holly. You have achieved more than I was able too and you should be proud. I am so sorry that you have had to deal so many things. Hats off for not eatting that Ben & Jerry's. Hang in there my friend. Please let us know how the weigh in goes. I have to go by the office and weigh myself on Tuesday. I wish there was something more I could do. Please say anything you want that is what we are here for. Hugs and Prayers, Theresa
modeanryan
on 8/22/04 12:15 pm - Duluth, GA
You may be just babbling, but if we don't hear it, how can we try to help? (((hugs))) You have done AMAZINGLY!!! I can't say that I know how you feel, because I don't, but I know how frustrated I would be in your shoes. The best thing I have to offer are prayers that all goes well for your weigh in tomorrow, and your continued strength to get through this. I'm reallly proud for what you have accomplished thus far... Hang tough Holly... (I KNOW!! Easier said than done!) -Tami
kiwani
on 8/22/04 9:58 pm - columbus, ga
Holly, I am so sorry you are going thru this... You have done a great job so far.. It is wonderfull that you have stuck to your plan thru all of the disapointment, I am sure I would not have been able to do it.. You are such a great person and support this board.. We want you to be alble to tell us what you are feeling here... this process is so frustrating when it goes well so .. You are to be congratulated for hanging in there!!!!!! You just keep on and IT will happen.... with dr. duncan or someone else.. I admire your determination girl.... please keep trying to think positive and come here and VENT or BABBLE whenever you need too.... Kiwani
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/22/04 11:25 pm
Holly, You KNOW I'm here to help. Let me know if you want to go to the gym with me. I can get you a free pass so you can check it out. BY ALL MEANS VENT TO US..........That's what we're here for! We care about you and want you to succeed!!!!! Call me.....even if it's just to vent!
Ginger L.
on 8/23/04 12:25 am - Woodstock, GA
Hang in there gurl! You have been such a great support on the board.. I read day after day to keep up with everyone in making my desisions and you are always there for everyone!! You are such a great person and I know in my heart that things will turn out the way they are suppose to for you. Remember everything happens for a reason. This could be a way of getting you thru some of the things your dealing with at home that you mentioned before you have your surgery. Keep your chin up and keep smiling!! Ginger
Kelle W
on 8/23/04 2:41 am - Atlanta, GA
Holly, I still can't believe they did that to you. I'm telling you, you should check out Dr. Appel, a radiant personality he is not, but he's an excellent surgeon and doesn't have that weight limit. Whatever you decide to do I'm on your side and hope that you get some good news soon! Kelle
Amy Williams
on 8/23/04 7:22 am
Holly, I'm very sorry to hear about this. What makes me wonder is Dr. Duncan has been know to do high risk patients. When I met him last October at his siminar. He talked about doing patients 700-800 pounds. I'm not quite understanding this. When I later went back for my first intial visit that was when I was first told I would be required to lose weight. Although I can understand the concept of trying to show a weight loss before surgery as means of showing you will try with this surgery I was still quite upset when I left. As with most of us here we have swelling issues. I have a condition called lymphedema. I was so upset. I came home basically crying cause I knew this weight loss issue was going to hold me back. In all seriousness I would consider another surgeon. That's what I ended up doing. When I went to weigh in at Dr. Duncan's office I was 599 at the time. After I left I did cut back and dieted, when I finally met my final surgeon I was 615 that was in 2 months time I'd gained that much. I truly wish my surgeon which is at the Medical College of Ga here in Augusta did this surgery full time. He's so booked out cause he specializes in large patients as his primary patients. I will say don't give up. ALSO DISCLAIMER: In no way am I saying Dr. D is any less of a surgeon. I've seen MANY sucess stories as a result of his work. He's also one of the top surgeon's in Georgia, I have high respect for the man. If you need to talk I'm only an email away. Amy
Trauma Queen
on 8/23/04 9:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
Holly, As you know, the same exact thing happend to me. I went in and was 5 pounds or so over weight from the last time I weighed in and he said my surgery (Dr. Duncan) was cancelled. I was so devestated. I pretty much gave up because I had lost weight then he did not allow me to have the surgery because I smoked half a friggen ciggerate and I was truthful about it. I had no idea you couldnt smoke because I had not smoked prior to the first meeting. At any rate my mom died and I was stressed. I was turned down not once for surgery but TWICE. Last time was in jan 04 I got so frustrated because I felt it was because im medicare and medicaid and I thought he just didnt want to do it on me. I cant find another surgeon because my primary is medicare and my secondary is medicaid. so i HAVE to stay with him. I have now been a paitent of his for THREE YEARS and I have yet to have the surgery. I have pretty much given up. Ya he says he will do the surgery on me but i must loose weight. I have done all i can do and I am just gonna try to live the best I can. Donna
Most Active